Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:08:08 PM

Author Topic: 4th axis issue (newbie)  (Read 1261 times)

4th axis issue (newbie)
« on: November 03, 2019, 07:44:43 PM »
Hi, I recently bought a CNC router with the rotary attached to the frame. I'm learning the machine in steps so I've only used the XYZ axis and all went fine. now that I am more confident to use the 4th axis rotary I can't get it to turn. I've watched a lot of videos and tried to follow suit but it got me nowhere I'm using mach3 the position remains 0.000 when i try to jog on screen.

can anyone render some help to a newbie to this exciting field       

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: 4th axis issue (newbie)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 09:02:41 PM »
Check the Ports and Pins, Motor Outputs under the Config menu and see if you have 4 axis configured and if yes then is it A,B or C that is ticked.

Once you know this you can go to MDI and type G00 G91 A90, B90 or C90 and the axis should move.

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 06:38:30 AM »
Mr Graham, thanks for your help. I checked the recommended settings and everything seemed fine. I then reinstalled the mach3 programme and redid all the settings. Now I'm getting the 4th to move with the x-axis key. Is it possible to have the 4th operating independently?

Another issue I would like some assistance with is accuracy. the steps were done using the auto function in mach3, I did it for 10mm /1cm however, when I send a file to cut I'm off by 25mm less than my desired size. The manufacturer settings are way off I'm using aspire to generate my G-code. is there anything I am overlooking here.

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 06:59:52 PM »
You need to post some screen shots of your settings, 4th should move independant of any other axis, you may have it slaved to X by mistake.

Without engineers the world stops