Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:16:58 AM

Author Topic: Why for sanity sake isn't their an "undo" on the screen editor!  (Read 1279 times)

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Why for sanity sake isn't their an "undo" on the screen editor!
« on: October 26, 2019, 08:30:10 PM »
Am I missing this somewhere, or is it really just this painful to edit screens?

Re: Why for sanity sake isn't their an "undo" on the screen editor!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 11:49:28 PM »
It takes a little getting used to but once you figure it out you realize how powerful it is and how much easier it can make things. Imagine having to create your entire screen just by editing the text in the Screen.xml file.

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 10:22:51 PM »
yeah I have been down that road LOL

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 12:09:44 AM »
No undo button.  You can, however, exit the screen editor without saving the screen, then reload the screen (or restart Mach).

Steve

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 08:58:21 AM »
Yeah, that is what I do. Also, why an undo button would be soooo nice! It takes a lot of time if you accidentally move something or it doesn't go where you want on the first try. Using a copy and paste is really tough because most of the time it pastes in a bad spot under something or in interference with something where you have to move everything around to get to it. Sometimes you don't know if you goofed something up, and you can't undo, so you have no choice but to close everything out and restart the program.
Learning all the control functions for moving stuff around helps (over trying to move it with a mouse). Moving with the keyboard seems to be more consistent than trying to drag stuff around.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 11:01:07 AM »
Using the tree view on the left is a lot of help for seeing what you added where, selecting objects under something else, etc.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 11:18:10 AM »
I will keep that in mind next time. I guess if you select it in the tree it becomes the active item and then I suppose move it around with the keyboard. It sounds like that could be a good thing to do when you have a hard time finding, moving, or selecting it with the mouse.