Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:51:27 AM

Author Topic: A couple issues  (Read 3516 times)

A couple issues
« on: October 19, 2019, 10:38:31 PM »
First, I am new to this CNC operation so I may be asking simple questions but it hasn't been obvious to me.
1) tool changes: I first thought that when I entered tool info in the Bobcad/can software it would transfer to the Mach3 software, wrong. But I have tried entering the tool info height by actual dimensions, no dimensions, and difference in dimensions from the first tool. No success. What do I need to do?
2) the Mach3 software stops spontaneously during the project. I need to reset and cycle start each time. Why?

Thanks, Kevin

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: A couple issues
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 01:43:09 AM »
2) the Mach3 software stops spontaneously during the project. I need to reset and cycle start each time. Why?

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the forum.

When Mach3 stops, what is the message you get in the Status bar (at bottom of main screen) ?
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 03:16:48 PM »
Thanks for the response. From memory I believe it said that the emergency stop activated. It doesn't do this consistently but I do need to click the reset button and the click the cycle start button.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 01:45:13 AM »
From memory I believe it said that the emergency stop activated.

My guess is that you have an electrical noise issue.

In Config / General Config see Debounce Interval - if this is less than 500 then set it to 500. Does this solve the problem ?

If it is already set greater than 500 then check all your inputs wiring which should be good quality shielded cable with the shield connected to Earth at the controller end only. Does this solve the problem ?

Do a forum search for electrical noise - there are many additional suggestions which may be tried (one at a time) and sooner or later the issue will be found.

Hope this helps.

PEACE
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 12:50:29 PM »
Thanks for your help. I believe all of the wiring is in fine condition but I will try your suggestions. Again, I appreciate your help.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 08:03:09 PM »
What about the Index Denounce? Both of these Denounce items had values of 1.
Thanks
Kevin Schulz

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 01:08:04 AM »
What about the Index Denounce? Both of these Denounce items had values of 1.
Thanks
Kevin Schulz

You need to increase the value;
In Config / General Config see Debounce Interval - set it to 500 and save the changes. Does this solve the problem ?
PEACE