Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:16:31 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 DarkScreen Screenset - Now Available  (Read 38875 times)

Re: Mach3 DarkScreen Screenset - Now Available
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2023, 01:23:01 PM »
He should get a notification of your post. Hopefully he will respond soon.

Let me know if you hear from him. If you don't hear back within a week or so, let me know.

Dotyman
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2023, 12:04:36 PM »
Hi Dotyman

I've sent graphicer82 a message telling him about your additions and asking him for permission so you can share files. I don't have much hope though. He hasn't logged in for over 2 years.

I think he would be fine with you sharing.
Think of it this way, he has already freely shared his work. You will be just sharing your additions. As long as you add a readme, crediting graphicer82 as the original creator, a link to this thread and maybe a list of changes and additions you have made. Call it Dotyman's DarkScreen fork/version.  :)

Martin is absolutely right.

I could not reply to messages for a long time due to the covid19 epidemic and the intensity of my work.

When I got Martin's e-mail, I felt compelled to reply.

As Martin said, I made this screenset for myself, but I want everyone to benefit.
I don't have time to develop it, but I'm happy that Dotyman has updated Darkscreen and I would love for Dotyman to share it.
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2023, 02:37:23 PM »
OK, thanks Graphicer. I'll put together a package with the screens, macros, and the other folders/files needed to use the screen set. I'll also provide some guidance on where everything goes. Look for it to be posted soon!

Dotyman
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2023, 11:48:46 AM »
Great news!

Big thanks to Graphicer82 and Dotyman :)
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2023, 04:28:32 PM »
OK, here's the full set of files you'll need to install and the latest DarkScreen adaptation.

Place these files/folders inside your Mach3 folder. Where the folder is a duplicate of an existing folder in your installation, just place the contents of the folder inside the existing folder.

As always, USE THIS SCREEN SET AT YOUR OWN PERIL. I take no responsibility for the installation, implementation or use of these files. Please proceed with caution, and check the underlying code (button script and/or macro) for potential issues before you use it.

Also, it will take several posts to fully upload everything.

That said, enjoy!

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2023, 04:31:06 PM »
Looks like only one post was needed, so you should be all set.

If you have any questions, let me know although I don't have much available time I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Dotyman
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2023, 11:38:34 PM »
Hi,

I just found an error in the MM version of the screen set that I sent out (fixture names don't update correctly). I'll post the fix in the morning...
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2023, 05:26:22 PM »
Here's the fix. Replace the MM 01 version of the .set file with this MM 01a version.

Sorry!
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2023, 11:04:53 AM »
Finally had some time to install it and have a go. So far everything is great! Thanks Dotyman
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2023, 12:50:23 PM »
Glad you like it so far. I'm still tweaking some things.

You'll probably want to adjust some things yourself since it's pretty customized for my machine.

Take care,

Dotyman