Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:07:22 AM

Author Topic: machine cutting mirror image of program  (Read 896 times)

machine cutting mirror image of program
« on: October 10, 2019, 03:21:35 PM »
Hey Guys im not sure if this has already been made into a post or not I couldnt find it... So here it is I am just now setting up my cnc milling machine after moving to a new house I had it all going good at the old location but now I have set my machine up and I wanted to do a test run so I made a simple program that engraved a name , I used mastercam to make the program and the name came out right in the back plot verify window , so i load the g code into Mach3 and do another test run above the part and I did a follow tool so it would show on the screen the tool path and everything checked out . I set my tool to the top of the part and run the program and the letters of the name are coming out upside down . Before when I had it setup at my other house it was not doing this so maybe when I unplugged the pc or the machine it may have lost some settings?? Can anyone help me out / has anyone else seen this before I am thinking it has something to do with my motor settings the dir/active low setting maybe ???? should it maybe have a green check or what ? When I push the controller joystick( xbox ) to the left the machine head goes to the right and when I push the joystick down it goes down , when i push the joy stick back the head goes towards the back so to me this is right can anyone please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cadcam Man

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: machine cutting mirror image of program
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 01:31:25 AM »
When I push the controller joystick( xbox ) to the left the machine head goes to the right and when I push the joystick down it goes down , when i push the joy stick back the head goes towards the back so to me this is right can anyone please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your controller joystick and your keyboard arrow keys direction should move the cutting tool in relation to the workpiece
(Left arrow key moves the cutter to the left of the work, up arrow key moves the cutter to the back (top) of the work).  You need to think of cutter direction rather than table direction.
In Mach3, Ports and Pins, Motor Outputs, change the Direction Low Active state for any axis that is going the wrong way.
PEACE
Re: machine cutting mirror image of program
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 04:10:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply that helped I for what was wrong by comparing my keyboard to my controller.
Cadcam Man