Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:39:07 PM

Author Topic: Cycle Start / Feed Hold Not Working, Skipping Lines  (Read 814 times)

Cycle Start / Feed Hold Not Working, Skipping Lines
« on: October 07, 2019, 08:50:45 PM »
Hi,

I've tried this on three different versions of Mach3 now (.066, .062, and .057) and the behavior is the same across all three. When I click feed hold and then cycle start (to pause the machine briefly and then come back), it skips a line of gcode (goes to the next line instead of finishing the one it was doing when I clicked feed hold). When I click feed hold, then stop, and then cycle start, it doesn't skip a line and it works fine.

I'd be fine with the workaround of clicking stop, except that that doesn't work for the brain I'm writing. When the brain tries to click stop, it returns to the start of the file. This means that I've been unable to script a brain that pauses the machine and then resumes it.

So, then, my questions are these. First, is there a version of Mach3 where the feed hold/cycle start thing works like it should? If so, which one? If not, how can I write a brain to pause and resume the machine?

Thanks.