Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:16:16 PM

Author Topic: Plasma M3 Macro  (Read 824 times)

Plasma M3 Macro
« on: October 07, 2019, 07:25:24 PM »
Using the new M3 macro function for the plasma torch height control. Only running it on the digital portion right now using a simple limit switch on a floating head Z-Axis.

The issue were having is the M3 function seems to get stuck every once in a while. It will go down slowly to touch off the plate, hit the probe limit switch, and then just stop. The machine wont error out or provide any feedback.

This causes us to have to restart the cycle and it will work again. Happens probably every 5-6 times it runs the cycle.

>Any thoughts on what is causing this?

>Any way to open up the macro itself so I can read what it is doing? I cant seem to find it.

Thanks!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma M3 Macro
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 09:46:25 AM »
Assuming you are using Mach4s THC screen....... it sounds like you have a noisy input/bouncy switch. Some motion devices have input filtering that can be used but the best option would probably be adding some physical filtering on the probe input with a capacitor and possibly a resistor. Lots of post here on how to do that.

Not much to the M3 macro. It simply calls a function in the THC module which is compiled.

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!