Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 08:33:05 PM

Author Topic: Lcam creates files MACH cannot run.  (Read 4197 times)

vmax549

Lcam creates files MACH cannot run.
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:27:31 AM »
Hi Brian Lcam still creates files that MACH will not correctly  run.

With some tool sizes and leadins, and inside radius's, Lcam creates the code but MACH ERRORS when trying to run it . Normally with TOOL radius too large for cut radius.

Most of the time even Mach does not catch it on startup of the program. But the error stops MACH in mid program AFTER it has already gouged the part.

Can Lcam be set to NOT ALLOW it to post code that MACH cannot run??? COuld you use Mach's program error checking format to proof LCAM's code before posting it.???

Thanks (;-) TP

Re: Lcam creates files MACH cannot run.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 12:22:48 PM »
Well it is not as simple as it sounds... Comp is a BITCH to deal with... could tell me where you are getting the problem?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

vmax549

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 01:55:43 PM »
Oh I agree on the COMP. But it is one of those neccasary evils.

The problems are with inside radius cuts and leadins in tight quarters. I can do the normal math to determe if a bit and radius cut should work but COMP throws all that out the window. Is there a ratio of reduction in bit size/radius of cut I need to figure out??

One of two things happen either Mach declares the error up front on load and I have to try and figure out a new cutter diam scheme that will work, OR mach ignores the problem up front and shows the error after it has made the bad cut in the work, then it stops on the error( after the gouge(;-) ).

(;-) TP

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:04:49 AM »
I wish it was simple....  Don't use Comp on an inside corner please, if youhave to make a comp move there tell it that you are going to use a bigger tool and reset the dia in the gcode.

That should work
Brian

www.machsupport.com

vmax549

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
Brian it is KINDA hard not to use comp with LCAM. I guess I need to sit down and figure the relationship of the cut arc verses the tip radius verses the comp radius and see if I can come up with a formula to predict an outcome that MACH will agree with every time.

I normally have to use a cutter radius smaller than the cut radius. Predicting how much smaller has been the challenge. It would not be too bad except LCAM will allow you to do just about anything and posts the code, BUT Mach won't always run it. (;-)TP
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 01:19:52 PM by vmax549 »
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 10:19:31 PM »
If it helps I know what the problem is but on the other hand it is not as much fun as it sounds to make it all work like that .... If you offset the path and use a leadin on that you will never go wrong :) You could also turn on comp at that point! and it will work every time! This is how you should be dong comp if you would like to have it work better (yes on a Fanuc as well) tool dia offset should not be more then about +-.0625 ... try it like that and tell me how it works please.
thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com

vmax549

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 08:39:18 AM »
Brain I generated a simple 2" square with inside .125"  radius to test BUT Lcam generated another type of error when generating the Gcode. Mach error " Radius to end of ARC differs from radius to start line 16" Seems the arc did not end were it was suppose to.

(;-) TP