Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:34:13 PM

Author Topic: Simple problem, but I can not get it to work  (Read 2004 times)

Simple problem, but I can not get it to work
« on: October 06, 2019, 06:13:47 PM »
Hello, another problem with the IP 4 M.
Am starting to regret buying it, support from both supplier and manufacturer is pretty non-existent TBH.

I have a simple problem.

I use a ip4 on my plasma cutting table, which I am working on step by step.
Have the axii working, homing works etcetera.
I want to try ohmic sensing the top of the plate before retracting to pierce height and starting.
However I can not get it to work at all, is it true the IP 4 M can only use NC sensors??

The homing switches are NC,but I am unable to verify if those are the only type the IP M can work with, or if the controller can work with NO contacts and how to make that work. I have assigned port 10 , pin 5 to the probe, yet I do not get anything working. 2,3 and 4 are the homing switches, if I manually push the homing switches the corresponding input lights up, but those switches are NC's, as I feel those are safer (and the manual also comments about it)

I've read a lot, and some posts indicate that a input can either  be NO or NC, but how do I change it then in Mach3/CSMIO controller configuration.
I can set all inputs to either active low or active high, yet I see no changes when using a DMM on the connector. I would expect some kind of change measuring between a input pin and its corresponding 0v, they are always NC.

Stumped about this TBH, why isn't such a simple thing described more clearly (the Ip M is marketed as a step into CNC, yet the manual is aimed at someone who is much more advanced. Also there are some blatant mistakes in the manual as well.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 06:27:30 PM by Dutch CNC »

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Re: Simple problem, but I can not get it to work
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 01:01:18 AM »
Well the Manual was translated from polish so you have to expect some discrepancies as they aren't native English speakers. as for normally open or normally closed you just change active low or high. When the circuit is complete and on you should have a led. you need to hook up both sides of the circuit. go from the 24v power supply + to the switch then from the switch to the + input. take the 0v - input and connect to the negative on the power supply. you should get a led before you head in to mach
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 02:29:58 PM »
Did you have any luck?
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 12:38:03 PM »
Yes I did get it working in the end.
Had more help from the manual from the sensor then from the CSlabs manual.