Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:27:47 AM

Author Topic: Program End Crashing Z Axis  (Read 3101 times)

Program End Crashing Z Axis
« on: September 11, 2007, 09:23:08 AM »
This is something new that just started, at the end of the G-Code program an M30 is issued, the machine rises up to a safe level and then it takes off and crashes the Z at the top of the machine. Hitting the limit switch and forcing a reset. The only change that I have made are changes to my m6Start, nothing else, I'm not sure what the hell is going on but I need to figure it out, it seems to happen after the program ends.

Any idea as to what could be going on?, can I override the m30 with my own version and possibly just home the gantry to Machine Coords?, I need to get this one solved quickly...

-Paul-
-Paul-

Paul Davis
Luthier
Patriot Guitars

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Program End Crashing Z Axis
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 09:45:39 AM »
I have sent you a personal message. We can get it pretty fast I think.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:04:39 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply Bret, I responded to your email. I have three more pieces to cut on this current jig that I need to get done tonight when I get in, and if needed I found I can just sit and hit the esc at the very end of the program and stop it from running to the top and slamming into the limit. But I just got another large order this morning for more jigs so if I have too I'll take a day off my *real* job to solve this...

Thank you..

-Paul-
-Paul-

Paul Davis
Luthier
Patriot Guitars

vmax549

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 07:32:25 PM »
ALSO Check the safe Z setting in config/setup if it is on and set too high  then the Z will lift up until it gets there or hits the limits.