Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:51:54 PM

Author Topic: Saving VB-Scripts  (Read 2429 times)

Saving VB-Scripts
« on: September 23, 2019, 07:23:17 AM »
Hello,
trying to get familiar with Mach3 control (Demo Version R3.043.062), running sain smart 3018-mx3.
Testing the Auto Tool Zero procedure I got the right functionality. Now I would like to modify the script to get the right Z-position.
When I open the script from the button (Operator -> Edit button script), I get the code. I can modify it and let it run with good results. BUT when I try to save it, the system is resetting the file to it's original state and my modifications are lost !! I can modify the file from an external VB-editor, it works, but when I start the function from Mach3, it results the old script (Edit button script confirms this).

does anybody know if I'm doing stg wrong saving the script ??

cheers
Aronne

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Saving VB-Scripts
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 07:48:57 PM »
Remove the script from the button and put it in the M6Start.M1S macro for your selected profile.

Without engineers the world stops
Re: Saving VB-Scripts
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 04:25:13 AM »
Thank you for replying

I noticed that the zero-tool button always calls a VB-file called "HyddenScript..." (or similar), so I just copy the script with modifications to another file and AFTER CLOSING the Mach3 VB editor I rename the new file with "HyddenScript...". That works.
In addition I managed to set the zeroing on all the three axes :)

You say the M6Start.M1S macro is replacing the "HiddenScript..." one in a specific profile, so this is automatically called from that button ?

Have a great day
Aronne