Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:43:11 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 cv tuning wizard slider inoperable  (Read 4017 times)

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 cv tuning wizard slider inoperable
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2019, 03:49:45 PM »
Hi,
CV can be tricky to use.
I use it with our Mill which has a max speed of 1000mm/min and the Router Table with a max speed of 4000mm/min.
On the Mill we have carved in brass 1mm lettering and intricate line drawings using .05mm rad cutters with great results under the microscope.
Depending on what is being machined and the amount of axis used plus the accuracy of the machine you initially set up the CV say X and Y and .0100mm.
After processing what I do is then reduce the feedrate on each angle to say 150 being the Max the rest I leave as is, this for example produces very good lettering results.
Mine is an automated process, so I can make the Max Feedrate any number I need depending on which machine I am using and what I am cutting.
But you can manually edit machine.ini where the CV federate is display and make the max federate changes there.
Regards,
Mauri.
Re: Mach 4 cv tuning wizard slider inoperable
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2019, 04:53:58 PM »
Yes, if you are still running 4162 you should update if you want any of the updated features, wizards, screens, etc. Just make sure you have done everything you should have (and the config. guide recommends) before updating. Updating is a breeze if you have. If you didn't create a custom profile, screen, etc. updating will overwrite your profile and any customizations you may have done.