Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:08:14 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 cv tuning wizard slider inoperable  (Read 4018 times)

Re: Mach 4 cv tuning wizard slider inoperable
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 08:23:08 PM »
i attach here the gcode and how its look in gcode simulator
as reference
thanks

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 09:17:56 PM »
Those gouges in what would otherwise be straight lines has nothing to do with CV. My first guess is the resolution of the X and/or Y axis is very low. How many steps per for each of those motors?

I did not look at your Gcode file but from the screen shot I can see it is well below acceptable. Why so many lines of Gcode for such a simple shape?

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 09:28:00 PM »
when i run the old"Cv tuning wizard" that mistake disapire and the hexagonal work perfect
only problem is that the speed on corner are very very slow ,because slider stack on left side  as this  topic subject
**that many lines are only the corners ,because this shape is create by the cad software that make the corner with external radius when you run the tool with diameter outside compensation

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 10:49:35 PM »
Code: [Select]
when i run the old"Cv tuning wizard" that mistake disapire and the hexagonal work perfect
only problem is that the speed on corner are very very slow ,because slider stack on left side  as this  topic subject

Ok, then download and use the CV tuning wizard I updated and posted earlier in this topic. But be careful what you wish for. The old wizard limiting your corners to "very very slow" is helping your tool path far more than populating the CV feed rate table with either wizard. In other words, you are benefitting from a bug in the wizard that slows your machine way down. Try running the CV distance tolerance wizard with a resolution of .010 and lower the feed rate of your Gcode to very very slow.

I think optimizing your CV feed rate table using the CvDistTolerance wizard brings to light problems with your machine. It's kind of like having a flat tire on a car and blaming the rough ride on the gas pedal because it is smooth as glass as long as it is sitting still but every time you give it gas it starts bouncing. Check your flex, backlash, motor tuning, etc.

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 09:03:16 AM »
i real dont want bother ,i very like  mach 4 i do with it amazing machines (every one welcome to look in my face book)
but i think you need still check yours wizard
without test on machine ,just only watch screen toolpath, you can see ,yours new wizard not do the job
maybe i made some mistake so ill be very glad to update my self
but compare 2 screen shot not left any more
thanks
yaakov
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 09:06:43 AM »
sorry i didnt atach the gcode(now its very simple without round the corner)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 11:02:10 AM »
All I can say is I have tested it with almost decent Gcode (the last file you posted). The CvDistTolerance wizard does exactly what it is supposed to and the tool path reflects it. I have attached 3 screenshots. The first is with tolerance at 100.00. The second and third is with tolerance at 1.500. The smaller the tolerance the closer it runs to the exact path as the pictures clearly demonstrate it is doing.

There are a lot of things that will cause bumps in the lines that would otherwise be straight. The only thing I am sure is not the problem is Mach4 software.

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 11:10:01 AM »
i attach my mach profile maybi its because i use fast movement  ... i dont know
but  one thing is ,that i not talk about corner ,corner small problem
please look at my previews screen shot , ital about the straight line itself, have many wave on it ,on mach simulator

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2019, 09:55:59 PM »
It is because you are moving fast.  That and the fact that the simulator isn't a REAL motion controller.  This happens in Sim with rapid moves. 
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2019, 12:39:48 PM »
as i mention before  , i run both options in same speed
with the new wizard
with the old wizard
and the results i sent you before on this forum,with the pictures i sent you, its in simulation and in real work
and simulation show  exactly what will happened in real work.
pleas check again yours new wizard ,the ide is very good , but its have some bugs after exit from corner
on the straight line not on corner
i did many test while i was in china at factory  ,cant use the new wizard