Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:23:38 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Licencing Question  (Read 937 times)

Mach 4 Licencing Question
« on: August 30, 2019, 07:15:23 PM »
I use my laptop to make files with Aspire 8.5 and then export the G-code to my shop CNC.  Do I have to disconnect the computer from my machine and bring the machine inside to load Mach4 and apply for the license? I am building a new machine and I am trying to do all my testing of new MB3 breakout board with Hybrid Stepper Drivers and Nema34 Closed loop steppers. 

I have a demo version loaded on my laptop but can't seem to make the motors operate.  I didn't think I would need a license to do this testing but I may be incorrect.

I have the ESS Ethernet Smooth Stepper connected and I have loaded a plugin for Mach4 per the WARP9 instructions. I have also set values for the Step and Direction in Mach4 for all BOB pins.

Please accept my thanks to anyone that can assist.
Re: Mach 4 Licencing Question
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 07:32:15 PM »
Hi,
to get a licence for any given PC you have to supply the unique PCID. Normally you would do this by saving the PCID to the
clipboard, logging on to the NFS wesite Licencing page and paste the PCID. If you don't have an internet connection for the
PC you are trying to licence you could save the PCID (of the target machine) on a thumb drive, and then on another PC that
has a connection paste the target PCID into the licencing page. You would then receive the licence files on your connected
PC which would have to be transfered by thumb drive back to the target machine.

You should be able to run your machine from your laptop even if only in demo. Provided you can hook the ESS to the laptop
and have it communuicate it should run your machine. In demo it will only run for six minutes before requiring a restart.

Note that you can have up to five PCs licenced for one Mach4Hobby purchase. So you can have both your machine licenced
and your laptop.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Mach 4 Licencing Question
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 08:18:07 PM »
Thank you very much for a great reply and fast too!  I will try again to verify settings to make motors jog as a minimum.  Then I will buy my license. Since I'm Hobby mode I will register 2 computers. Thanks again.