Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:09:21 PM

Author Topic: LATHE JOG BUTTONS  (Read 1376 times)

LATHE JOG BUTTONS
« on: August 25, 2019, 01:42:03 PM »
MY z buttons are  correct z- button is on the left z + on the right why is X- on top and x + on the bottom,x buttons are back wards how can this be fixed easily ?
Re: LATHE JOG BUTTONS
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 09:55:32 AM »
Operator->edit screen
click the jog tab and click on the x- jog button
change the Label to what you want it to be and then
click the events tab and change the Left Down Action and Left Up Action to what you want.

Just make sure that you are thinking of the x movement in lathe in the traditional manor.  X movement away from you is x- and movement towards you is x+

HTH

RT
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 10:06:50 AM »
This is the reason I need the buttons changed center line of a part x0,z0 when the tool moves below center toward you in is going in the minus direction when it moves up away from you that is positive just like your Cartesian coordinate system that's how its been for all the cnc lathe I have run in the last 30 years .
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 01:03:39 PM »
Typical lathe set up.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 05:57:46 PM »
Code: [Select]
Typical lathe set up.Typical for a rear tool post/turret lathe.

Towards the operator or away from the operator is irrelevant. Why is this? Because you have front and rear turrets. Which way the tool is moving in relation to its start position and center of spindle is what matters. From larger diameter to smaller diameter is a move in the negative direction.

Be sure to read the Newfangled Lathe Turret Standard.pdf in your Mach4/Docs folder.

Mach is smart enough to look at tool offset, Tip dir and Direction of that tool offset when executing Gcode to determine which way a + or - move needs to move the tool. Jogging is a little different though. Jogging is a manual operation and Mach does not try to determine which way is a + or - move for any given tool. It just jogs in one of 2 directions at the operators discretion. The screen layout follows the right hand rule of other default machine types and some lathes, so it is the most common. That's not to say it couldn't be optimized for others though. Some will want the X jog buttons to be the exact opposite of what they are by default. Others with 2 turrets may just get rid of the + and - signs all together.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 06:41:27 PM »
Thank you so much to  rhtuttle now the machine moves the way it should .Is there a way to change the button letters to match the way I'm moving? Thank you so much for your help ..!