Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:59:22 AM

Author Topic: pocketing snag  (Read 4418 times)

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
pocketing snag
« on: September 09, 2007, 02:13:55 PM »
BRIAN

downloaded and did fresh install mach 3 9-6-07.
       attached two files gcode and snapshot,take a look at it.

thanks bill
Re: pocketing snag
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 09:00:54 PM »
Bill,

You've got the same pocketing problem that chillman posted about earlier. I got a message back from Brian that said he'd look into it. By any chance, did you have this problem with the last release of LazyCam 2.02? I did not... pocketing worked well in that version.

Shane

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:07:19 PM »
Shane

yes i went back to ver 2.02 downloaded 7-12-07.it has it's quirks too, but it has been a work horse.

bill
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 07:41:29 PM »
It has been a real work horse for me too. I can find a workaround from most problems in that release. Did you ever have any issues with LazyCAM creating small circles on its own geometry? I think the have been called "crop circles" over on the Mach3 forum. Some times they don't show up until you cut the toolpath in Mach3. I just edit them out in G-code but it takes a little time with complicated parts. Thanks much, Shane

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 12:24:46 AM »
Shane

try to wear out the OPTIMIZE button it is you friend.when you load a file hit the button,make one little change
       hit the button,make a offset hit the button,go to the _ _ _ _ house hit the button.and try not to move the drawing
       origin until the last move ,then hit the button.you will see a lot less crop circles.i would like to see in a future
       realease the g-code written in 6 place decimal rather than 4 place rounded.they are creating nice toys for us.

bill
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 09:59:59 PM »
Bill,
Thanks for the tip! I'll sure try that with the optimize button. I haven't used it that much, but I sure will now. I do agree... I've wanted a CNC router machine for the last 10 years. I couldn't afford the software or the machine until now. Finally, I have one in my basement and didn't have to borrow cash to build it. It has been so much fun! LazyCAM is worth every penny and just getting better with every release.
Shane
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 12:25:46 PM »
There was some code that slipped back a few revs in the pocketing section and we need to go back and see if we can recode it ... that section of the code is an Art thing at this time so we will see if we can get him to get it working again. I will also be heading up to see him and I will learn about that section of code when I am up there :)

Sorry for the trouble guys
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 10:52:50 AM »
downloaded lcampro 2.55
offsetting still no good
3 files attached

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 11:24:40 PM »
ART or BRIAN

With lcam 2.56 i found that if i scale the drawing up 4 to 1 in order to increase all the radious.then do the offsets
and the pockets.then downscale the drawing back to 1 to 1,then output the g-code,i can make it work.

bill