Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:44:09 PM

Author Topic: Popup - "Configure a correct IP adress"  (Read 1184 times)

Offline sx3

•  41 41
    • View Profile
Popup - "Configure a correct IP adress"
« on: August 16, 2019, 04:09:05 PM »
Hi,

We are getting this pop-up telling us "Check the device configuration - configure a correct IP adress"
However, the IP is correct for our setup. Mach and ESS can communicate and the machine works. It's just quite annoying getting this at every startup.

I think we are using 4.2.0.3882 + ESS plugin V245.

According to W9TD, this isn't an ESS popup, leaving me with no other options than it is Mach that throws them.

Suggestions or is it possible to tweak the code for next release?

Regards
Re: Popup - "Configure a correct IP adress"
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 07:20:11 PM »
Hi,
on my laptop I'm running the ESS 235 plugin.

This setup uses the default IP address (10.9.9.9) for the ESS and is recommended by Warp9. I notice your address is somewhat different. Could that be the cause of the persistent popup?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline sx3

•  41 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 05:53:45 AM »
Hi,
Yes, we are aware that we're using our own IP-adress, it's because we don't have direct connection between Mach and ESS.
We have a ethernet switch in between for some reasons. But it shouldn't be a problem, and as I said the machine do work. We're just getting this pop-up that we would like to get rid of.

It started to popup after we upgraded both Mach and ESS pluging. Earlier, using the same IP-setup we didn't encounter this.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 02:59:19 PM »
I'm going to beg to differ.  That popup is NOT coming from Mach.  Mach cares nothing about IP addresses.  Only motion and IO devices may care about IP addresses.  Even the popup suggests it is a message from a device.  So if it is not coming from ESS or Mach, then perhaps it is some other plugin that supports an Ethernet device?  Or a script, possibly?

Steve

Offline sx3

•  41 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 03:08:10 PM »
Alright, then the show continues! :)
We don't have that advanced scripts, only a couple of buttons besides the ones that came with the mach install. So That would be ruled out.
We have a Pokeys57E, used for some buttons.. Perhaps that's the culprit.