Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:56:19 AM

Author Topic: No 'Save Settings' Option under Config  (Read 2119 times)

No 'Save Settings' Option under Config
« on: August 10, 2019, 09:53:38 AM »
Hi everyone.

Utter newbie here so i'm sorry if this has been covered before.
I'm setting up my limits for XYZ and I come to the 'Save Settings' section of the Youtube tutorial.... aaaaand I don't have the option. I have attached an image of the options available under the Config drop down and they seem to be totally different to the ones that the guy has on the tutorial (well, lots of extra ones anyway - I'm using Corvetteguy50, Mach3 Soft Limits & Offsets, Complete Breakdown).

I bought the machine and software a while ago in a used condition (so i assume everything is legit) from Ebay and the guy was great in talking me through stuff but non of it stuck so i'm having to try and learn from scratch. Please bare with me as lots of the technical jargon means nothing to me at this stage :)

I'm kinda stuck now as I don't know if I should proceed with the tutorial until I get this figured out. Please help!
Thanks you
Nik

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: No 'Save Settings' Option under Config
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 10:33:19 AM »
Hi Nik,

You have an old version of Mach3 there - go to the NFS website and download the latest version https://www.machsupport.com/shop/mach3/ - that will have the Save option that you mention.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 11:09:10 AM »
Hi Tweakie.CNC!

That is really great, thank you so much! Can I simply upgrade to the latest version or will I need to do a complete re-install? Just so i know to take note of all the current settings :)

Thanks again!
Nik

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 01:29:00 AM »
Hi Nik,

You can just install the new version over the top of the existing version and your settings will be preserved (however, make a secure backup of your Mach3 folder, just in case).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 11:33:37 AM »
That is absolutely brilliant Tweakie, Thanks so much!

Just installed my wireless adapter so will get that downloaded right away.

Thanks again!
Nik