Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:32:29 PM

Author Topic: How to make the Mist Coolant button & M07 M09 actually turn on an output?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Hi,

It just seems like a lot of extra hardware for something code "should" be able to do

Rubbish.......$3.00 worth of components, not counting the SSR, which you will require with either solution, hardly constitutes
a lot of extra hardware.

Yes code can do it.......its just that while you are learning I know you are heading into deep water, by all means try it out
and you too will learn what dodgy code in the PLC script can do to your day!

Craig

I am not sure if I mentioned this, but this machine has been done and running on Mach3 for about 8 years now even though I have hardly used it. So, I should not have to buy anything (other than the obsolete pokeys stuff). I already have my IO6 board driving a regular relay that is controlling the oiler. I just need some code that does "XYismoving....turn on output"....somehow. It could be done with Mach3, so as you said, so can Mach4......I just don't know how yet :)

I am not sure how I am going to get everything else done without learning much more, reading more, asking more questions etc. Adding parts when there is a better way just goes against everything to me. It is a hill to climb I am sure. This already has been.
Hi,

I just need some code that does "XYismoving....turn on output"....somehow. It could be done with Mach3, so as you said, so can Mach4......I just don't know how yet :)

I've already given you three ideas, two purely software, one taking advantage of a realtime support provide by the controller
manufacturer requiring a few parts.

Clearly your vision execeeds my own...good luck.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Hi,

I just need some code that does "XYismoving....turn on output"....somehow. It could be done with Mach3, so as you said, so can Mach4......I just don't know how yet :)

I've already given you three ideas, two purely software, one taking advantage of a realtime support provide by the controller
manufacturer requiring a few parts.

Clearly your vision execeeds my own...good luck.

Craig

I have not pursued the software ideas yet. I am working on several things at once and have limited time. I need to get focused on one issue at a time....which is why I made this post to knock out an easier one before going back to the oiler when X or Y is on.
 I have read what that PWM signal is intended for and it is not really for this purpose as you already know. Using that PWM in this way is not really the intention, but it could be set to work possibly. I am not sure it will work when jogging though and not running code or not. It is for a laser as you say. I just feel like my time would be better spent pursuing the software ideas before rewiring my machine and adding more parts and pursuing the setup of the PWM output to give me what I want etc.
 It would be a work around rather than the intention. I will be looking into this more over the weekend, but I am going to have to get some sleep to think better. I have been operating on about 3 .5 hours a night sleep all week. Tired...

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Do I need to modify the start screen code and the sig library and create M code scripts to just make a button that already exists and has predefined M Code action work?

For example I just want to make the Mist button work and give it an output to turn on. Where do I do this? Is there a tutorial for this exact thing where you just want to make an existing button and Mcode work?

I can make a new button that does this and I could make a new M code script that does this, but I would think they intend for you to use the built in action for this? mc.OSIG_MISTON? I will keep reading and reading and reading to figure it out, but hopefully someone can just give a quick link with a good simple to understand way of how it should be done for best performance.

Thanks. I looked for a couple hours so far and have not figured it out yet. Too tired from a long day I guess. I am reading through a bunch of information, but there is just so much to look at and no straight to the point of the best way and the exact code and where to put it etc. The only variable from what pretty much everyone is doing for this simple task is which output they are using. In my mnd this simple thing should not require a programmer to get working...

Not sure what the problem is. The mist toggle button toggles the state of the mist output (as it should) in the default screens. Even has an LED beside it to indicate its status. Executing a M07 and M09 turns the mist on and off as well. Not sure how much simpler it could be. There is even a dedicated output labeled "Mist On" (the only way you can control any output is to know what output your controlling). You aren't trying to control your mist with a general purpose output are you?
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
This issue is already resolved. I was assigning this incorrectly in the ESS setup. I had my pin mapping set to Output Signal "output#3" instead of "Coolant, Mist (M07, M09)".

Now I am back to figuring out making the oiler run when X and Y is moving. The topic of this thread is complete and solved.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 06:08:00 PM by jevs »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
OK, yeah let's talk about that other thread in that other thread. I will clean this one up.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!