Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:47:30 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Hobby install failed  (Read 1937 times)

Mach4 Hobby install failed
« on: July 29, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »
Mach4 Hobby failed to run, I get a message saying
API-MP-WIN-CRT-Runtime:1-1-0.DLL was not found, try to re-install and it may work.......No luck , tried that.

My PC is running Windows XP

Can anyone help please.
One step at a time!
Re: Mach4 Hobby install failed
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 05:04:13 PM »
Hi,
I'm not sure, but I think that is is a library which is missing from your XP installation.

I think smurph, Daz or Chaoticone  may be able to confirm that.

Mach4 requires  a reasonably late model version of Microsoft Studio and I suspect that your existing XP
installation cannot support it.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 05:30:12 PM »
Looks like I will have to update my XP to latest XP release ??
One step at a time!

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 06:02:19 PM »
Why don't you update to Windows 7 or 10?
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 06:23:22 PM »
Hi,
latch onto the nearest Win7,8,10 PC or laptop you can, download Mach4 just in demo and see if it runs,
i suspect it will whjich rather points to XP being too old.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 02:33:31 AM »
While you are on with mach4 not installing

If you have win 10 N the last two dev releases industrial or hobby will fail with missing mfplat.dll after contact with James it’s a windoze problem . You will need to dl and install the media feature pack from MS it seems that newfangled have put in place the ability to have a vidieo window

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 03:25:26 AM »

If you have win 10 N the last two dev releases industrial or hobby will fail with missing mfplat.dll after contact with James it’s a windoze problem . You will need to dl and install the media feature pack from MS it seems that newfangled have put in place the ability to have a vidieo window

Good catch Stuart.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 04:08:28 AM »
Thanks team, now having bought a new Mach9 ESS, a new breakout board and an additional Ethernet card along with an uprated power supply, not to mention 50Mtrs of Cat6 Cable to connect my workshop to my home PC I find that my Windows is too old!!!!!  Sheesh, Will it end ??

Seriously,  thank you all for your help.

Demo version is loaded on my House PC  Windows 10Pro and demo runs fine.
So here's the if I share the PC's which they are, can I run Mach4 hobby from my house PC in my workshop,??    Hmmmm, just a thought!!!!

George

One step at a time!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 06:26:53 AM »

Looks Like C++ redistributable 2015 install was missing from my machine so I downloaded it from Microsoft and when installed all was fine.  My machine is now Windows 7 with a liscened Mach4 hobby installed. Thanks for the help....

Hi,
latch onto the nearest Win7,8,10 PC or laptop you can, download Mach4 just in demo and see if it runs,
i suspect it will whjich rather points to XP being too old.

Craig
Sorted, thanks
One step at a time!