Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:28:45 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 work with Pokeys 55 or 56 ?  (Read 690 times)

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Mach4 work with Pokeys 55 or 56 ?
« on: July 29, 2019, 11:49:38 AM »
I have a CNC machine that has a Machmotion control panel in it. This control panel basically has a pokeys 55 or 56 in it that connects to the computer via USB. The control panel has a pendant connected to it and also some basic controls on the panel. Machmotion provided a plugin for Mach3 to make this work. I would not be able to get any plugin from them for Mach4 without buying a new system apparently.

What I am trying to figure out is if I will be able to make Mach4 work with this setup since it uses a bit older pokeys 55 or 56? I have to take it apart to see which one it has I think, or maybe the pokeys software I have loaded on there years ago will tell me which model it is. I will have to check this. 

My other option would be if I could just swap out the pokeys 55/56 with the newest model and use the plugin pokeys supplies for Mach4?

I attached a manual. I am using their control panel and pendant and their I06 breakout board, but not their computer or anything else.

Re: Mach4 work with Pokeys 55 or 56 ?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 02:30:55 PM »
Hi,
the manual shows that two plugins are required to run with Mach3, one to allow the PoKeys board to talk to Mach3 and the
second to allow the control functions to be interpreted by Mach3.

Even if you can get from PoKeys a Mach4 plugin to suit the board installed you still have the problem that you have no plugin
to decode the control panel functions to Mach4.

I think in order to get it to work would require you write a plugin to adapt the control panel functions to Mach4. That would
be quite an undertaking.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 work with Pokeys 55 or 56 ?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »
The answer to my original question here is no. The pokeys 55 is not going to work out with Mach4.......

I am looking into a newer model.