Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:07:31 AM

Author Topic: TOOL changer problems after update  (Read 3292 times)

Re: TOOL changer problems after update
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2019, 03:07:51 AM »
Hi,

just where does it return to ? does it just exit the m6 function ?

It returns to the calling program....if the calling program is the main Gcode program then yes it just exits m6.

Note that it will not return, in this case, until you dismiss/close the message box, ie it should come as no surprise.
If you wish to exit in another manner that can also be done, just don't use 'return' but instead program the behavior
you want.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2019, 03:43:16 AM »
Thanks Craig
I noticed the message box had to be closed this is a great function  I was using this function to trouble shoot the program I could but a  wx.message in before and after  the calls  here and there to make sure where the program was up to at each stage and it stops the program and you can tell what piece of code was to be next
I allowed me time to for instance turn on the input just before the waitforinput call is made  and I could confirm that the input was in fact on before the call
regards Ray
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2019, 04:08:49 AM »
Hi,
yes I use the wx.wxMessageBox for that purpose too.

Just be warned......DO NOT USE IN IN A PLC SCRIPT!!. I know eventually you will....I fell into that trap not once but twice!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2019, 05:16:04 AM »
Hi
I did notice some thing a bit different with this version when I set the timeout to zero I am not catching a error message
mc.mcSignalWait(inst,mc.ISIG_INPUT7 ,1,0)
mach4 stays open but if you click disable  or stop it immediately crash's and no error messaged is displayed
 It does the same in simulation mode on my home test computer
Regards Ray