Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:19:12 PM

Author Topic: problem with Probe calabration  (Read 1304 times)

problem with Probe calabration
« on: July 19, 2019, 06:17:23 PM »
I am useing certified ring guage for calibration of my probe.  I center the probe in the guage with Haimer being careful find the center of the X and Y.  The program runs and I repeat for the radius.   I think to myself that I am all set... wrong.  I use the newly calibrated probe to find the center and width of  a 1" guage block and the probing routine finds .007 error.  I double check by cutting a square piece to a width approximately the same as the ring guage diameter and measure by a caliber.   It is spot on at less than a thou. The machine can cut accurately but the probe can not measure it accurately. I see no way to compensate the probe calibration.  Need help

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
Re: problem with Probe calabration
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 04:13:37 AM »
depends on the code you are using for probing.
Show us your code.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
problem with Probe calabration --restated
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 03:10:15 PM »
I have been working to focus on the problem better than my last post... here it goes

Statement of problem:
Probe does not calibrate with the probe calibration function in Mach4.
The equipment:
The probe is a wired  s5000 Drewtronic https://drewtronics.org/.  Mach4.20.4162 warp 9 ess 242.  settings are petty much stock default.   These are no custom scripts or script modification.
What I know about the problem can be illustrated by the following sequence:
Three different probe stylus with different ball diameters were calibrated to a certified ring gauge. For each test the center was found with a Haimer with a runout of less than 2 thou. After each test the same .46" ring guage was measured by the probeing program .  The guage was not moved between calabration and measurement.

Test 1) probe dia .156 in indicated x offset =.0006 and y = .0007.  The measured gauge diameter was off .0012
Test 2) probe dia .125 in indicated x offset =.0134 and y = .0078.  The measured gauge diameter was off .0315
Test 2) probe dia .100 in indicated x offset =.0151 and y = .0021.  The measured gauge diameter was off .0606

I have no idea what is going on here.  Need some help

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
Re: problem with Probe calabration
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 06:01:19 AM »
ok, Mach4, i am out, sorry.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.