Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 07:25:43 AM

Author Topic: LCAm enhancement needed  (Read 2557 times)

LCAm enhancement needed
« on: September 05, 2007, 09:00:30 AM »
Brian:  Very pleased with the enhancements you and others have made to LC and Mach.  Some enhancements I would llike to see are:

Ability to swap(end to end, not 180 rotate) drawings in LC. Problem is:  After adding text (a really nice enhancement, btw) I have to rotate the drawing 180 (easy with the rotate feature) and swap end-to-end (difficult) in order to get the text cut properly (otherwise the letters are backward when cut).  I can swap the drawing using the mouse, but it is not smooth and sometimes it is difficult to position the drawing squarely again.  A swap feature would be a big improvement.   Strange as it may seem, I can swap with the mouse on my office computer, but can't do this on the shop computer (not a portable).  Can't figure this one out at all.   This drawback makes the swap feature almost a necessity.

Additionally, having a 1 x 1 (or smaller) scaled grid that could be toggled on an off on the LC screen would be nice - can live without it, but while your are coding anyway . :-}

One other nit - when updating to the latest and greatest, all my configurations are changed and I have to remember to go back and change things or I get reallly screwed up.   Is it possible to have upgrades without including changes to the configuration.  I have a separate folder for custom xml files and can copy them over, but sometimes forget to do so. 

Thanks again for all your efforts.  I am often surprised by what I can design and build with this software!!!

Bob @ BobsShop.

Re: LCAm enhancement needed
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 12:14:51 PM »
Swapping end to end... Are you talking about Mirroring??

A grid Hmmmnn.. I never use them  but it is a good idea so I will keep that one in the back of my mind.

Could you please save your XML and put it back at this time... with all the changes we are doing all the time we need to delete the XML :( But it should work most of the time to just copy in the old XML

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Re: LCAm enhancement needed
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 08:53:40 PM »
Brian:

Thanks for considering the grid.  It would be helpful (at least, I think it would be!).  Trying to hold a ruler up to the screen to approximate measurements is a real pain! :)

The XML thing is not a big deal.  I do save all my xmls to a special file and then just copy them over after re-loading the latest Mach file.  But sometime I forget to recopy to the file when I have made changes on the fly and then have to try to reinvent the last iteration when I reload Mach. 

Mirroring text - Yes, being able to mirror the text would be a big help.  Trying to get the text oriented to some of my creations has been a really trying exercise.  Could be that it is just my problem, but I have wresteled with it ad-nausium.

Bob @ BobsShop - If it weren't for LCAM and Mach3, I wouldn't have any useful  ::) hobbies!