Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:55:52 AM

Author Topic: mach 3 for turret punch  (Read 4350 times)

mach 3 for turret punch
« on: September 05, 2007, 12:26:13 AM »
Hi anyone has any experience in getting a Mach 3 to run a turret punch?
Thanks

Dilshan

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: mach 3 for turret punch
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 05:52:42 AM »
Interesting.................... I haven't seen this yet, not saying it hasn't been done though. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Can you post some pictures of the machine and more details of what you have in mind.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 06:23:47 PM »
Bret thanks for reply, sorry was on vacation so late reply. my turret punch will grip a peice of sheet metal using pinchers (grippers) and move the sheet in x and y direction using a stepper motor. at pre determined points the movement will stop enabling thr punch to take place.this by electric clutch. the punches are mounted on a selectable rotating turret operated by electric servo motor. by coordination of xy movement and punchin you can achieve many different dia holes punched on single sheet in one pass and also 'nibbling' to cut out shapes. will try and post pics.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 11:09:26 PM »
This has been done in the past.... you will need to make a macro to tell the punch to fire and that should about do it :)

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:13:03 AM »
I have just finished retrofitting a turret punch with mach3. I'll post the pictures and video later. I wonder which cam software to use for it. I am using evaluation version of Profab. But it looks like I can't modify the postprocessors that come bundled with it. Anybody got any experience with programming the machine and customizing the post processors.

Zafar