Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:09:02 PM

Author Topic: Need help on MPG  (Read 1034 times)

Need help on MPG
« on: July 02, 2019, 12:55:29 AM »
I have 3 licensed version Of MACH3 On 3 different machines.

The first machine has a complete Machmotion controls upgrade That includes an MPG with axes and movement increment selector switches. It works great and I want to install the same type of MPG setup on the second machine.

For some reason on this second machine, I can't get the MPG to work.  The MPG Is being controlled Via an M36 board From CNC 4 PC.

My problem appears to be due to the fact that when I use the tab key To activate The fly out MPG panel, I cannot get The MPG yellow light to come on When I click The "jog mode" buttons. I can get the continuous and step Lights to come on but not the MPG.

The third machine does not have an MPG wheel, But With the tabbed out MPG panel, I can get All 3 Lights to come on when hitting the "jog mode" button, IE Continuous, step and MPG.

Does anyone know Why I cannot yet The MPG Light to work On the second machine?

Thanks,
Chuck

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Need help on MPG
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 02:20:44 AM »
Sounds like you do not have the MPG enabled  in Ports and Pins, see pic below. You also need to set the port and pin numbers of the MPG here.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 12:22:00 PM »
Hood,
Nope, I've got that all set up properly and Still having problems 

I just discovered this which is really strange, I took the XML file That I'm working with Put it on 2 different computers, I mean different than the computers running the milling Machines, One is a Windows 7 computer And one  Windows 10 computer.

For some reason On the Windows 10 computer, The tabbed out MPG  "Jog mode" Works properly, IE, Continuous, step and MPG yellow lights come on. But the same XML file on the Windows 7 computer the yellow lights Will only come on for, step and continuous, It will not allow me to go into the MPG.

This is really weird because it's exact XML files on both of these Computers.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Chuck

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 03:18:23 PM »
Strange. If you attach your ml I will try it out here and see if I can find the issue.