Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:44:58 PM

Author Topic: Newbies  (Read 1072 times)

Newbies
« on: June 21, 2019, 04:31:48 PM »
This is a inexpensive way to find out if you need to invest in the more expensive cnc programs or not. Some of you are just in it for fun as I am, this is great for me!
I am a retired custom cabinet maker and needed a hobby with minimal investment.
The things i make keeps the grand kids happy.

Doesn't hurt to take a look and see!       https://deftware.itch.io/pixelcnc

I might consider trying Fusion 360, been bouncing on it as to the expense and do i really need it. Don't know!! Pretty content right now. Can't justify the cost!

lumber60
Re: Newbies
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 05:23:53 PM »
Hi,
Fusion 360 is free for a year to hobbyists. Its a great piece of advertising for Autodesk the company responsible for not only
Fusion 360 but Inventor, HSMWorks and AutoCAD.

It is worth registering and checking it out.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 05:32:09 PM »
thanks, you haven't steered me wrong yet. Last time i checked it out was about 2-3 months ago and my skill level at that time wasn't the greatest and still need to learn a lot more. I have learned a bunch.
I will review it again.

lumber60
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 09:44:26 AM »
 Fortunately i had some back ground in drafting the old fashion way 30 years ago. I found PIXELCNC very easy to understand and it has provided me with a confidence to try more designs, create etc. It has given me an understanding of terminology and what it means. Just what i needed.

It is a thrill the first time you make your first cut or machine movement for us do it yourself people.
I do this for a fun retirement.

Jumping into trial by fire can be intimidating as well as discouraging.

AutoDesk Fusion 360 has a lot of options and can be very intimidating for someone with no background at all in CAD/CAM CNC ROUTER etc.
I am sure Fusion 360 is just right for others as well.

lumber60

P.S.
I will figure it out, but i still can't get an image to load in Fusion 360!
Patience will prev ale. Maybe!!!