Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:50:00 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 adding symbold / characters occasionally when loading gcode.  (Read 1141 times)

Offline RSM

•  1 1
    • View Profile
We are having a weird issue where Mach 3 is occasionally throwing in a bunch of symbols and characters when loading a G-Code.  If you open the .NC file in notepad these bad characters are not present, they are some how only appearing in Mach 3.  Stranger yet, is that we will open a file one day and it loads fine, then the same file the next day will load with these extra characters.  We are using Meshcam to generate the g-code. Also, we've been using Meshcam and Mach 3 with the same workflow for years and this problem has never occurred in the past, it just started doing this last week.  There have been zero modifications to how we generate our code and the computer running Mach 3 is not connected to the internet or local network.

Any Advice?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:20:34 AM by RSM »
Re: Mach 3 adding symbold / characters occasionally when loading gcode.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 06:12:19 AM »
if this happens even with the same file only occasionally, I would assume a hardware problem. Did you change anything on your computer or cabling? Is Meshcam and Mach3 running on the same computer? That can have many reasons.

Klaus
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 06:15:55 AM by Klaus1311 »
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 adding symbold / characters occasionally when loading gcode.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:18:18 AM »
I suspect on a bad hardware, most probably RAM. Try to pull out RAM modules and plug them back tho their sockets.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.