Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:04:39 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 GCode problems  (Read 1239 times)

Mach 3 GCode problems
« on: June 17, 2019, 12:35:50 PM »
I have recently started using Mach 3 on my CNC. I have updated my CNC with 4 Stepperonline DM542T stepper drivers driving 4 NEMA 23 motors, a NOVUSUN CNC 200KHz Ethernet Mach 3 control card and all shielded wiring. I have the drivers set for the correct peak amps per the motors, and Pulse/Rev is 3200 (1/16).
The Mach 3 program is running on a Windows 10 Laptop and tests good with the machine.
My problem is: when I load a GCode file I made from Vectrics VCarve 9.5 ( which I used very successfully when my CNC was using Planet-CNC hardware and software) and start the cycle the spindle goes to the correct starting position but will run outside of the parameters. By this I mean that it will cut (I make signs) letters but they will not be where they are supposed to be and be to large, but if I "STOP" the machine then simply start it again (even from the place I stopped it in the GCode) the program works as it was programmed.
Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, what is the fix for it?
I tried to load Mach 4 but I can not find a plugin for my controller as yet.
Re: Mach 3 GCode problems
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 01:59:48 PM »
Hi,

I tried to load Mach 4 but I can not find a plugin for my controller as yet.

That controller does not have a Mach4 plugin.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 01:27:54 AM »
Hi JoeD,

Unfortunately Novusun is one of the businesses listed in our Hall of Shame for Mach3 Licence violation. As a result this forum does not support assistance with any of it's products unless you are a genuine Mach3 or Mach4 license holder.

This thread referrers; https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=24331.msg238650#msg238650

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 02:53:54 PM »
sorry Tweakie, I did not know. I am sending the Novusun back to Amazon as "misleading ad" and I have purchased a Smoothstepper Mach 3/Mach4 board from one of your official distributors you list on the site, Automation Technologies. I will be purchasing the Hobby version of Mach 4 as soon as the board arrives so I can stay in this forum and be legal.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 01:30:02 AM »
Hi JoeD,

I think you have made the right move - those cheap Chinese controllers seldom work as expected and you would continually be experiencing problems.

Tweakie.

(Please note...   I do not work for or have any financial interest in Artsoft NFS, I am just a forum Moderator).
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 04:22:56 AM »
Hi,
yes.....good choice. I agree with Tweakie, Chinese CNC controllers are rubbish. The rest of the machine, all the mechanical
parts are usually pretty good, or at least as good as you could reasonably expect for the money but the electronics
lets them down badly and then to top it off they insist on using pirated software!

Mach4, an Ethernet SmoothStepper and a breakout board or two and you be set to do some great CNC stuff.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'