Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:41:22 AM

Author Topic: nMotion Moving to Mach4  (Read 1345 times)

nMotion Moving to Mach4
« on: June 13, 2019, 05:07:58 PM »
Hello,
I finally got my shop set up and running on Mach3. Now I want to move over to Mach4. My machine is a Precision Matthews PM940 CNC. It came with what looks to be an AirSoft approved controller (though I doubt it). I have attached the manual so you can see pics and the like.

The card in question is an nMotion Mach3 Controller.

Are any of you using this controller?
Are there any Mach4 drivers for it?
Would replacing the controller be in my best interests?

Thanks you!
Re: nMotion Moving to Mach4
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 03:20:31 AM »
Hi,
I suspect that is a version of an XHC controller rebranded. It may work for Mach3 but it wont work for Mach4.

Mach4 compatible controllers are:
Ethernet SmoothStepper by Warp9TD
PMDX-424 by PMDX
UC300 by CNCDrive
57CNC by PoKeys
Hicon Integra by Vital Systems

CSMIO by CSLabs is Mach4 ready but the plugin is buggy and given the high cost of the unit its hard to recommend
despite excellent build quality.

If you have swags of money Galill have a Mach4 plugin.

XHC advertise a Mach4 ready controller, its really buggy....avoid like the plague.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 04:50:31 PM »
I think I will use Mach3 till further notice. Maybe a move to the smooth stepper in the future.

Offline B2

•  3 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 11:25:46 AM »
Hi,
 I too have the PM940CNC VS running Mach3.  Let us know what you did or if anyone else finds a solution to an improved Software (over Mach3) for the nMotion controller hardware.  Some folks rebuild their CNC system for the PM940 to a new controller, but if you are going to this much trouble there is no particular reason to stay with ArtSoft's Mach4. 

Thanks, Dave.