Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:56:41 AM

Author Topic: CV settings for Router work  (Read 2005 times)

Re: CV settings for Router work
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 05:01:05 AM »
Hi,
CV is all about trying to keep your machine going as fast as it can as long as it can.

When it comes to a corner it rounds it a little in order to keep up its momentum. The thing that BEST allows
a machine to follow a toolpath, with corners especially, is acceleration.

Have you tuned your machine to have the maximum acceleration the steppers can manage? It might even be worth turning
the maximum speed down a bit if it simultaneously means you can turn the acceleration up.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 06:40:53 AM »
Thanks for the reply Craig.
I think I am beginning to understand how it all works together, but I am having troubles mashing it all together and getting it to work. I still have problems creep up that I can't figure out. I wish I knew a good series of tests or procedure to do the motor tuning to get it functioning as it should.
Now I have a hesitation well cutting a 4 inch circle as I increase my speed the hesitation gets more pronounced it occurs at the 12 o clock, 3 o clock, 6 o clock and 9oclock.
I am cutting a 4-inch square with a 4 inch circle inside of it and a triangle with a 2 inch radius inside the circle all of my measurements are good and spot on. The tool path will cut the triangle move up to the top and start the circle at 12 o clock and it goes very smooth to three where it will slow down go through that position speed back up to six and slow down and so forth.
At 75 I p.m. I can't notice it at 100 it starts to show 150 200 + 250 it becomes more pronounced. It is a smooth hesitation

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 08:43:25 AM »
Mach3's trajectory planner is far from perfect.
I've seen hesitations between tangent moves, when there should be none. And I've cut identical parts where it hesitated on one, but not the other.
If it's not a g-code issue, there's probably little that you can do about it.

Mach3 also has no control over the actual path deviation. So when you tell it to go as fast as it can, there's no guarantee how close it will follow the path when it changes directions.
The various controls basically just let you specify a distance from the corner where Mach3 should slow down.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 08:49:53 AM »
Thanks Gerry