Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 12:49:07 AM

Author Topic: New software.......new name needed  (Read 6105 times)

New software.......new name needed
« on: September 03, 2007, 01:07:49 PM »
Hey guys,

I am now a US reseller for Madcam, the cam plugin for Rhino. I have decided to try to set up a website and at least attempt to sell other kinds of cad and cam software as well. I hope to be a Rhino reseller soon but am trying to fnd other packages that I could offer.

I have been in contact with a person affiliated with a new cad/cam package about to hit the market. The problem is they don't have a name that is very catchey, if that is the correct term to use.

I ask them for permission to post a request for submission for names. After thinking about it a bit I though I might be better off asking how one would go about naming a product like a cad/cam package.

Suggestions for the naming process or even submissions of actual names would be appreciated. Hopefully this package is going to be marketed world wide so keep that in mind when coming up with ideas.

Here are a couple of features the package will on introduction.

2d and 3d 3 axis full featured cam as well as intense modeling and cad capabilities. I have not been give a complete list of features but I have been told it will be a modular based system and that 4 and 5 axis modules are in the works now but no time frame for release. I was told that two more modules were planned but was asked not to reveal those yet since they are just in the beginning stages of development.

I know this is not a lot of info but currently it is all I have. Ideas!

Mike
Re: New software.......new name needed
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 04:33:08 PM »
well if it is a modular based system. How about  modular cam? Hay it the best I could come up with
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 06:08:39 PM »
Hi Lakeside,

Actually it is the cam that will be modular.....so there you go. Done already! ;D

Mike
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 06:11:03 PM »
any time if it turns out to be a big seller send me a copy my friend. Regards Mike

ynneb

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 03:47:06 AM »
How about "Dunny CAM"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunny

Or

CAM-ouflage

Or

CAM CAM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can-can
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 06:07:01 AM »

CAM-ouflage

Benny I like that one. The cam system that so fast you won't even see the code genorated"
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 09:10:32 AM »
Now I like that one but the fact is I haven't even seen the software yet so I don't know how fast it's going to be, so......I'll wait a little longer! One of the things I want to do is have a contest in the actual naming but I haven't cleared it with them yet. If we do that I will allow those that have already given suggestions to pick from those they have made and lock the rest of the them so they won't have to be competing against themselves should someone else decide to use one of their suggestions.

Mike