Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:36:35 AM

Author Topic: Spindle RPM DRO doesn't work after migration to Build 4162  (Read 1135 times)

Hi All,

A few weeks ago, I switched over to Mach 4 build 4162. I was successful in getting all my screens and setting imported correctly, however the spindle DRO (which showed true RPM from my spindle index sensor) now sits at 0. I don't think I've changed any scripts or settings since the migration and it worked well beforehand.

Does anyone know any tricks to get this running again?

Thanks!
Re: Spindle RPM DRO doesn't work after migration to Build 4162
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 09:50:57 AM »
Hi,
before you updated Mach4 did you have an individualized copy of your screen set?

If not...and you were using wx4.set for example, when you updated you also got a fresh copy of wx4.set which would
have overwritten your original copy. I suspect that you had edited the original screen set to get the DRO to work but
that code is now gone.

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=41078.msg269654#msg269654

You might get lucky and find a copy of the edited screen set still on your PC, but if not its lost and you'll have to do it again.
This time make a copy of your preferred screen set and give it an individualized name. Make that your screen set in your
profile and any edits to it will be retained across subsequent Mach builds.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 11:51:57 AM »
I created a custom screenset and restored that, however I did not modify the default behavior of the DRO at any point. I just have the spindle index going to an input on the ESS, then have that mapped to the spindle index data in Mach 4.  A recent change in the ESS firmware changed some of the register names, I wonder if the DRO is pointing to the old name now?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 06:59:45 AM »
please see my last topic today about the last version
i also import the  config i always use ,and nothing work
need go insdie and change all function all  Mfunction one by one