Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:45:37 AM

Author Topic: New PC and after restore "mcLua.mcc no such file" error  (Read 1034 times)

New PC and after restore "mcLua.mcc no such file" error
« on: May 11, 2019, 03:03:31 PM »
Ive set up a new PC and after the Profiel restore, everything seems to be working except my M6 Macro.  its giving me the "Mclua.mcc: no such file" error. Ive tried maully pasting the mclua.mcc file from my good profile and it disappears when mach is enabled.  Any ideas?
Re: New PC and after restore "mcLua.mcc no such file" error
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 03:31:15 PM »
Hi,
all the different scripts and fragments of Lua code throughout Mach's screen get rounded up into one big file
and compiled, its called Mclua.mcc.

It may well be that one fragment, your m6 macro for instance, is not complete or corrupt such that it cant compile
and therefore the overall Lua chunk cannot compile either and therefore no valid Mclua.mcc.

Do you have an individualized screen set?

If I read the error message correctly it seems to suggest that you use the NFS supplied Router screen set. If that is the
case make a copy of it but give it an individualized name and then use that screen set in your profile.

Any tweaks or screen edits will therefore be saved in your individualized screen set and not get overwritten when a new
Mach build is installed (along with a fresh copy of the Router screen set).

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 04:57:19 PM »
YEs im using wxrouter.set screen.  So just copy the profile and set it up as a new name?

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 05:35:18 PM »
In your profile's macro folder, delete all the files with ".mcc" extension. These will be recompiled when you open Mach.

Mach4 is now using Lua 5.3 so if your profile macros were compiled using an earlier version of Mach4 (that used Lua 5.2), you'll get that error.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 05:43:34 PM »
Hi,
essentially yes.

I'm  not sure it will solve your problem but it will certainly prevent another problem in the future.

I came to this because I used the wx4.set screen set from NFS. I added to it, tweaked and generally played with it.
THEN I downloaded another more recent Mach4 build from NFS and my old copy of wx4.set got overwritten by  the
fresh copy and all my work was lost.

This was the education I needed to make my own screen set, which is a renamed version of my favorite, wx4.set.
Thereafter all mods and edits occurred on my individualized screen set.

So your installation has two unique parts, your profile and the screen set. You have saved your profile but have you saved an
exact copy of the screen set you were using?

I'm guessing that when you set up your new PC you installed a fresh copy of Mach which has the standard wxRouter.set
included. However your profile was calling for  custom code which is not in the standard screen set but in your previvous
screen set.
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'