Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:39:38 AM

Author Topic: Huanyang GT-5R5G-2 VFD control spindle on/off & Fwd/Rev Mach4  (Read 2445 times)

I recently was forced to upgrade my spindle which caused me to upgrade my Huanyang VFD(HY04D023B) to the Huanyang GT-5R5G-2. I am currently running Mach4 as my CNC controlling software.

I currently have the new VFD (GT-5R5G-2)directly controlling the spindle 100% with no problems from the keypad on the VFD. I am running into issues with getting MACH4 to communicate with the new VFD. I can't get Mach4 to turn spindle on/off. Does someone have the settings in mach4 for this newer VFD drive? Possibly the wiring diagram for which terminals the on/off & Fwd/Rev should be hooked to?

Currently not getting any indication from MACH4 that there is a fault. I believe there is a setting I maybe missing on the drive or one that I may have wrong.

If anyone has any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Re: Huanyang GT-5R5G-2 VFD control spindle on/off & Fwd/Rev Mach4
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 11:00:17 AM »
Hi,
my understanding is that the older model Huanyang VFD's had a non standard Modbus setup and caused a lot of grief
for users. The later model VFD's like your GT model now conform to industry standard Modbus.

Like all VFD's you have to nominate the primary source of control. Typically they come in default condition
to be controlled by the keypad.

In this case however you wish the ON/OFF and FWD/REV to be controlled by Machs outputs and speed controlled
by the PWM derived analogue voltage. Typically the parameters for setting this control mode is right at the very top
of the parameter tree......P0.nnn or P1.nnn.  Have a look at the instructions to determine which parameter/parameters
are responsible for setting the control mode.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 04:14:47 PM »
Hi,
P0.01 bottom of page 28 and top of page 29.

You need to set P0.01 to 1 in order that the VFD be controlled by the multifunction input terminals.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 05:34:34 PM »
Thank you for the replies.

I have already done P0.01.

I'm stuck on P5.10 page 47-48.  I currently have the following connected to terminals.  Feel like I am missing something in the manual for P5.10.  I also don't understand how to set the K1 or K2 switches in the P5.10.

S1 = Forward
S2 = Reverse
AI1 = Variable Speed
AI2 = Variable Speed

Thoughts?

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 02:32:08 AM »
Thank you for the replies.

I have already done P0.01.

I'm stuck on P5.10 page 47-48.  I currently have the following connected to terminals.  Feel like I am missing something in the manual for P5.10.  I also don't understand how to set the K1 or K2 switches in the P5.10.

S1 = Forward
S2 = Reverse
AI1 = Variable Speed
AI2 = Variable Speed

Thoughts?

P5.10 should be set to 1
This means you are selecting 2 relays and mode #2.

K1 and K2 must be 2 units of NO (normally open) relays. 2 relay wires + Digital Common ground = 3 wires.

AI1 connects to 0-10V analogue output. There must also be a connection for Analogue ground so another 2 wires. These two analogue wires must each be wound many turns thru a Ferrite sleeve (AKA choke) each since they are NOT grounded.

So you BOB must have 2 relays + 0-10V (PWM) analogue output. If not you will have to buy relay boards and PWM to analogue (0-10V) converter board to connect to your BOB.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:35:41 AM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"