Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:00:18 AM

Author Topic: Lazycam "Pro Demo.No GCode" but have Mach3 license?  (Read 1971 times)

Lazycam "Pro Demo.No GCode" but have Mach3 license?
« on: May 06, 2019, 05:18:14 PM »
Just trying to test some stuff and lazycam is saying Pro Demo.No GCode but have a mach3 license from a few years ago and mach3 works.. pasted file in folder etc so figured that was included. Anyone have this odd issue?
Re: Lazycam "Pro Demo.No GCode" but have Mach3 license?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 05:27:20 PM »
idk if I installed a newer version of Mach3 then my Lazycam or what.
Mach3 3.043.062
Lazycam 3.00.2

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 05:50:20 PM »
Just trying to test some stuff and lazycam is saying Pro Demo.No GCode but have a mach3 license from a few years ago and mach3 works.. pasted file in folder etc so figured that was included. Anyone have this odd issue?
Certain functions of Lazycam such is "pocketing" & "offsetting" require a separate LAZYCAM PRO license.
Basic functions of lazycam like profiling are free with a MACH3 license.

If you want a very cheap and unlimited CAM software, HEEKSCNC that costs only 10euro could be an option. It is very powerful but you must be willing to learn through YOUTUBE and from others on the web.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 05:57:51 PM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 05:57:09 PM »
Oh no... didnt know. Just wanted to turn a profile on the lathe. Weird.

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 06:31:16 PM »
All Turning in Lazycam also requires a LazyCAM Pro license that cost US$75

Sorry HeekCNC is for milling not turning too.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 06:33:59 PM by reuelt »
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 07:25:22 PM »
Bummer.. maybe I should actually take a moment to program some gcode by hand for once after like 6years lol

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 09:58:32 PM »
Bummer.. maybe I should actually take a moment to program some gcode by hand for once after like 6years lol

There are some Turning Wizards (conversational Gcode programming) in MACH3 turn profile that you can ALSO use
e.g. (see attached)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 06:12:14 AM »
Just wanted to turn a profile on the lathe

I would suggest you use LazyTurn, which is free, has a manual for it ( Member's Doc's), and was created as a replacement for the LazyCam lathe module.
It's far easier than LC and LC is buggy ( tool definitions were never finished along with other things ) for the lathe.  LT is quick and dirty for profiling just make sure you RTFM and don't hack it!

The wizards are usefull but be aware that some may only work in one mode ie; radius or diameter.

BTW, LC or LT are DXF importers so need to create a profile of the part in CAD.

RICH
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:29:06 AM by RICH »
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 12:28:07 AM »
Thanks RICH!  I had those files and LT downloaded and installed but figured it was just put into LazyCam since LC was updated sooner so thought it was just built in. I messed around and got LazyTurn rocking for a sample run. Chess pawn/bishop guy test part ran well. Thanks for you work on that pdf too. I just turned this manual lathe into a cnc with some bs off ebay and milling my own brackets so its great to finally have her come to life haha.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 07:41:35 AM »
Happy for your progress. The manual for LT took a lot of work and time to do and glad you appreciate it.

There are higher end programs for a CNC lathe. Keep in mind the following relative to CNC programs.
Use the best of the best for intended work. Matters not if it is LT, a Wizard, Fusion 360 lathe, Dolphin, etc.
That includes doing the work on a manual lathe. A soon as the work involves multiple parts or complex shapes
CNC really comes into play.

Have fun,
RICH