Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:07:21 PM

Author Topic: MACH4 touch screen and center find  (Read 1846 times)

MACH4 touch screen and center find
« on: May 06, 2019, 12:08:24 PM »
WIN10, Updated to the latest MACH4 hobby using latest firmware from CSMIO/M and isolated drill rod for probe.  Everything "kind of" works except the center finder under the "touch" button.  It finds the right left up down and then the probe moves to center then it moves diagonally till it hits the probe and stops.  Get the follow error.  "Can't transition from MDI running to stop".

Questions/statement:
1) no clue how to run the probe menu.  The video is TERRIBLE and the documentation is worse.  Sorry about that
2) have never used offsets.  I am a hobby hack and just want to make things. 
3) I understand that CSMIO does all the probing so I am thinking it is something to do with that
4) Does the "touch" button commands have anything to do with the probe menu variables?  That is, does the touch button variables use any other variables outside the touch button menu??
5) Right now I am simply using the probe and math to find the center. measure right left divide by two then repeat to verify.

Thanks and please ask anything.  You cannot hurt my feelings, I sell industrial controllers to engineers.
Phill

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: MACH4 touch screen and center find
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 01:30:47 PM »
It finds the right left up down and then the probe moves to center

Good, that is what it is supposed to do.

then it moves diagonally till it hits the probe and stops.  Get the follow error.  "Can't transition from MDI running to stop".

What is telling the machine to make this diagonal move? No idea why it does this diagonal move. Something else is telling it to do this because the TouchOff module isn't.

Does the "touch" button commands have anything to do with the probe menu variables?  That is, does the touch button variables use any other variables outside the touch button menu??

When you click the touch button the TouchOff UI is opened. Its functions use only the Variables shown in the TouchOff UI Settings/Options.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: MACH4 touch screen and center find
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 02:45:52 PM »
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it.

I have attached the log file.