Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:18:12 PM

Author Topic: downloading wizards  (Read 9924 times)

downloading wizards
« on: September 01, 2007, 02:29:12 PM »
Hi new to Mach 3 but when I download the wizards which file/folder do I save them to in the mach folders?
I have to cut and paste them from a stick drive because my mach comp isn't hooked up to the internet.
Thanks
Re: downloading wizards
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 04:48:33 PM »
There is a folder called Addons under Mach3. Each wizard has its own folder below that by the name of the wizard. For example, the Newfangled wizards are C:\Mach3\Addons\Newfangled

The wizard code should be a .set screen file. there may optionally be other files that are part of a wizard, like init.m1s. There also may be a Bitmaps folder if the wizard has any special screen images.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 04:52:20 PM »
and you putt all these other files under the wizard folder also? like if I down load the quick thread wizard it has a few files with it I'd just make a folder called quick threads under the mach addon folder and put all the files there right?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 04:53:54 PM by suntiet »
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 07:36:02 PM »
Yes, as long as the files are part of the wizard they go in the same folder. You should always have a .set file, and a .set.def file.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 05:04:47 PM »
Dumb question,but where does one download new versions of the wizards? I'm having problems w/ lockup's on several of the wizards in mach3 2.42 I'm also using the g100 plugin, not sure if that matters.

Thanks

J
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 07:25:08 PM »
There are several answers to that.

The newfangled wizards are part of the Mach distribution. Whenever I make an update ( not frequently) I send it to Art and he puts it in the next release. So if you have updated Mach recently you have the latest Newfangled set.

Some wizards have been posted here in the forum. For hose you have to download them, usually a .zip file, and extract them to the Addons folder.

Others have been posted to this forum, I think some even in the Yahoo group files.
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 08:01:13 PM »
Ok, well I assumed they would come w/ the latest Mach3 but didn't want to make too much of an a$$ out of the U&Me  :)

So, is there any reason why I should have the wizards [surfacing and pockets in particular] hang on me? I have to kill mach3 when it happens.  I've read of this once or twice but I'm not sure if any solution has be presented.. writing all this code by hand is a pain..

Anything a person should look for in particular to fix this?

Mach3 v2.42

Thnks

J
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 10:15:55 PM »
I know of no reason why any wizard should hang.

The VB subsystem within Mach has some quirks, and it does sometimes do strange things. When they are repeatable Art is good at finding and fixing the problems, but some strange things still happen, and the only way out is reboot and try again.

If you can find a combination that always causes a hang let us know, maybe then we can get it fixed.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 10:21:49 PM »
will doo..

Btw, do you know of a size limit for pockets or surfacing? I trying to surface or pocket [prefer pocklet] my spoil board on my machine. It's 216"x 107".. would this cause any known problems?

Thnks

J
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 11:18:11 AM »
Well, I messed w/ things a bit more last night and finally got it working, there was an input error on my part [a step over value of 1 which should have been 100 [just for testing]] which lead to a huge amount of time to calculate the tool path on a surface that large. It's since been corrected and now it works fine..

Sorry for the pointless questions.. :)

J