Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:21:06 AM

Author Topic: Dust hood  (Read 5398 times)

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Re: Dust hood
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 08:38:32 PM »
Hi,

I am using 24V. This setup has been working whithout any problem for 8 years with mach3. If I run my cnc with mach3 the dust hood is working as it should. When run by mach4 I have this problem when output is suddenly turned off.

Peter

Have you tried using M7  and M9 for your dust hood just to prove that hardware is Ok?

I suspect, MACH4 GUI does not like user defined MACROS that are not written as "COROUTINES".

M6, M7, M8 and M9 are are already KNOWN to the "MACH4 GUI" modules. User defined Macros are NOT.

"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 03:40:52 AM »
Hi.

M6, M7, M8 and M9 are are already KNOWN to the "MACH4 GUI" modules. User defined Macros are NOT.

This is a red herring. m6, m7, m8 and m9 are predefined.Please not the DELIBERATE use of lowercase, that's how Machs
Gcode interpreter expects all m codes to be expressed.....use lowercase or you can expect some curly errors.

When the Gcode interpreter encounters a m code call it in the first instance searches for the m code macro in the macros
folder of the current profile. If it does not find a macro that matches the call is searches up the directories until it finds
the required macro.

Lets say you program calls an m8. If you do not have an m8() macro in your macros folder Mach will use the default
NFS supplied m8() macro. If you decide for whatever reason that you want to include some custom behavior in the m8()
macro then you would write a m8() which by necessity duplicates the expected default behavior plus whatever extra functionality
you require.

My understanding is that it was not possible to write an m0(), m1(), and m2() for instance. That is no longer the case,
although why you would want to modify these m codes is beyond me.

The important point is that NO macros, be they built in or user written are co-routines.

Have you investigated the noise issue? 24V does not preclude noise, careful attention to circuit impedance is also required.
Post a circuit of the output of the BoB, including what you know about of the BoB output the output driver and the input
circuit of your dust hood mechanism.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019, 04:34:32 AM »
Hi Craig,

on my ESS 3rd port I have C31 bob (which is 24V) and output 5 is connected to ess port3-Pin2. I dont think it's the noise issue. Like I said this settup is excatly the same for 8 years now and if I run the machine with mach3 it's working with no problem.
I'm on vacation now and when I'll return to my workshop will go again through all of the codes to see If I missed something that could be messing with the output. Will report shortly. Thanks for all advices for now.

Peter

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 04:48:23 AM »
Craig: "My understanding is that it was not possible to write an m0(), m1(), and m2() for instance. That is no longer the case, although why you would want to modify these m codes is beyond me."

There is one valid reason of some people wanting to modify m0() and m1() - i.e. to include turning of ALL the coolants in M0() and M1() just like the m0 and m1 of both FANUC (world #1) and HAAS (world #2).

If MACH4 wants to be industrial, it cannot just remain at hobbyist quality.
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 05:28:15 AM »
Hi,

There's no satisfying you....in one post you are complaining that Mach4 is so configurable that is to too complex for
a hobby product...and then in the next you are saying that is survival requires better than hobbyist quality.
I wish you'd take up knitting.

Just I case you didn't notice I just said that you can modify m0, m1 etc to do as you wish and emulate Fanuc or Hass if
you want.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2019, 05:52:05 AM »

Hi Rauel,

You don't need to concern yourself about the future of Mach4 - NFS have been in this business long enough to know exactly what they are doing.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2019, 06:56:10 AM »
I am just pointing out that MACH4's m00 and m01 does NOT STOP THE COOLANTS whereas Fanuc and Hass' m00 and m01 do.

Craig had asked why would anyone want to edit MACH4's M00 or M01.
I just said that one valid reason is to make m00 and m01 turn OFF the coolant as well.

There is no need to resort to personal attacks.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2019, 07:57:05 AM »
Hi Reuelt,

If you consider my posting as a personal attack then I sincerely and unreservedly apologise.
(I also apologise for  any misspelling of your name).

I have sent you a PM by way of an explanation.

Tweakie.

EDIT: My apology to Peter81 for taking his thread off-topic.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:03:44 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 08:04:28 AM »
you need contact the hardware supplier
i also had same problem but anther supplier ,and solve was with the plugin and driver(software)
do you use external cards like eternal relays,or inputs cards ? that need communication with the main card?

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 03:10:57 AM »
Hi,

yesterday I did some more testing on the machine. I've deleted the button on my screen so there was nothing else connected to the output only both M codes m101 and m102 which are activated from the G code run. The problem still remains - after few minutes the output is turned off. Also I've tried the same program with mach3 and after a long run there was nothing wrong with the dust hood and output5. So I think there is nothing wrong with the wiring or noise. I suspect it could be in the ESS plugin maybe like KatzYaakov mentioned.

Peter