Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:11:51 AM

Author Topic: crop circles  (Read 4891 times)

crop circles
« on: August 31, 2007, 03:15:37 PM »
Can someone help? I have BOBCAD V21 and Mach 2 programs. I have used them for sometime now. On a regular basis i get the crop circles in Mach 2 after converting text into G code using BOBCAD. I understand it has something to do with the accuracy and chain gaps setting but i can't seem to find a solution for some cases.
Is there a setting within Mach 2 that can help with this?

Thanks
Mike
Re: crop circles
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 10:20:44 PM »
Here is a post from the bobcad forum by the Bird BCC tech. man

Believe it or not, the crop circles that most people get are due to the geometry used to generate the toolpath.

What happens is when you have an arc and a line that intersect and the line is not perfectly tangent to the arc, the system generates an arc move around the corner. This arc can be so small that the beginning and end of the arc have a difference that is less than 0.00005, so when the coordinates are rounded you get the same position for both the end of the arc and the beginning of the arc (full circle).

I suggest trying to use the Make Arcs Tangential command, when possible. That alone should help reduce the appearance of the arcs.

Regards
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 10:22:56 PM »
Mike if you still have an issue with them. Post a file and I'll take a look
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 02:42:20 PM »
Mike,

changing the IJ mode worked for me.

jim
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 05:48:24 PM »
Crop circle are not a Mach 2 or 3 issue or one of I & J vs R. It is a cad issue not a cam issue. Cam only does what Cad tells it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 05:50:51 PM by Lakeside design »
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 12:38:06 PM »
Most of the time the circles are do to the ILK mode being wrong.. some of the posts have ABS arc centers and some have Inc arc centers. If you have the wrong type selected you get into a bit of trouble :(

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 05:42:37 AM »
Yes Brian if someone has not confiquire the software riight there can be some issue But that a set-up issue.They would have problem doing a simple arc. But Crop circles will appear wheather you use I.J. or R. I did recieve an e-mail over a week ago from the person who posted this question and started the thread. When he went and used the "Make arc tangent command" in Bobcad all of his cropcircle dissappeared. "Make arc tangent command" is a CAD function in Bobcad not a CAM function
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:39:34 PM by Lakeside design »