Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:34:58 PM

Author Topic: Threading - 2 hints ?  (Read 2615 times)

Threading - 2 hints ?
« on: August 25, 2007, 07:10:19 AM »
Hi,

last few days i have had to turn several non-standard threads and at this work i've found 2 things, that may be could be edited - if there is a little time at the developement:

1st: tapered thread only accept integer - is it possible to change the value-range in future versions to any floating point type ?

2nd: (to Brian Barker) normally i work at metric setup. Only when threading i use sometimes imperial mode (TPI vs. pitch-distance) Is it possible to add in any of future versions a button into the wizard for switching between imperial / metric threading ? of course - its possible to switch by G20 / G21, but in the wizzard there's no hint in which mode i'm ...

maybe its possible to change without a lot of work :-)

Frank
Re: Threading - 2 hints ?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
The taper thing is reported and we will see if that cvan be fixed... it is a bit harder then you think because Mach3 is checking to see that T is an int type to tool change and so on..

The wizard is OLD and I was in hopes someone would make one that looks better :) I can add it but it will need to be in about a week or so because I am flying out for a week.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com