Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:34:12 AM

Author Topic: Direction of cut  (Read 4146 times)

Direction of cut
« on: August 22, 2007, 07:27:59 PM »
Ok, I downloaded the newer version of Mach3 and now can't seem to make anything work correct. Is there anyway in Lazy Cam to see which way it is going to cut. I have a simple almost square box to cut, I have tried the outside offset with clockwise check marked, with it not checkmarked. Both times it cuts counter clockwise.

Also tried to use the lead in for climb mill and then it would start the cut but climb up tell it was not cutting at all on the part.

If I don't use the offset, it then decides to cut in the clockwise direction. So please someone tell me what I can do to have lazy cam cut in the direction I want!!

Jim
Abbotsford, BC
Re: Direction of cut
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 08:11:23 PM »
Greetings, Jim. If you downloaded Mach3 then there is good chance you don't have the latest version of LazyCam installed. Please see the post regarding the latest version of LazyCam. Don't go by version number but by the date stamp. I think the latest version is from 7/12/07 but it is still 2.02. To download it, just go to http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/artsoft/downloads/downloads.htm

Once you've got the new version, just click on the chain to highlight it and double click the arrow direction on the chain. If the shape is made of several small chains, you might need Autoclean it. If that doesn't work, you might need to re-import it with different tolerances. Sometimes there can be problems with the CAD program used to draw the shape... I've faced that problem.

I just tried a simple shape and I am able to change the direction of cut just by clicking on the chain and bringing up popup window called "Lead Configuration" with the options you need on it by double clicking the arrow showing direction. With that window you can also specify leadin cuts. I hope this helps. 
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 08:28:55 PM »
ok downloaded it, where do you get these "the arrow direction on the chain", I have one chain all the way around and no where can I get arrows up showing which direction the cut is going to be.

thanks
jim

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:07:40 PM »
Hi, Jim

Click on your one chain, It will turn Red, Find the White/Yellow Dot/Arrow on the chain, It's probably under the 0,0 Marker bottom left corner.

Double click on it, A window will open up, Then you can change the direction, Climb Mill Box, Check or un-check, Then OK.

Hope this Helps, Chip