Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:30:50 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 - Motors moving with keyboard arrows, but not with running program  (Read 1796 times)

Offline ovcakguitars

•  3 3
  • From Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, to the world!
    • View Profile
    • Ovcak Guitars
Hey guys, how are you?

Newbie here! So any help will be much appreciated.
We're working with Mach3, Nema 34 motors and an interface like this one: https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/High-Quality-CNC-5-Axis-Interface-Adapter-Breakout-Board-For-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Mach3-with-no/435539_32946605111.html

Here is the thing. We can control the motors with arrow keys on keyboard (slow but moving), but when we load a G-Code into the Mach3 and we start the program and it's supposed to start moving and milling, the router starts, the program starts, but motors are FROZEN. We can see the program running into the preview screen (it also ends) but the 3 axes never move :-\

It's like there's something missing in between the milling and the motors. Or any place near there...
We're using the relay on the board, with port 17 as it's mentioned on the assembly instructions.

Any idea to try?
Thanks in advance dudes! :D
Ernesto.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:20:44 PM by ovcakguitars »
Ovcak Guitars.
Hi,
when a Gcode job is running the motion planner is occupied by the job and cannot accept jogging commands.
If however you pause or stop the Gcode job then the motion planner can accept jogging commands.
The motion planner cannot accept commands from two sources at once.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline ovcakguitars

•  3 3
    • View Profile
    • Ovcak Guitars
Hey Craig!

That's not my point. Maybe I was confusing. We don't want to do both operations at once. We're only trying to run the program and the motors don't move. I've mentioned the jogging commands for you to understand the signal is arriving to the motors, but not when the program must mill.

Please let me know if it's not clear enough :D

Thanks!
Ernesto.
Ovcak Guitars.

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Hey guys, how are you?

Newbie here! So any help will be much appreciated.
We're working with Mach3, Nema 34 motors and an interface like this one: https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/High-Quality-CNC-5-Axis-Interface-Adapter-Breakout-Board-For-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Mach3-with-no/435539_32946605111.html

Here is the thing. We can control the motors with arrow keys on keyboard (slow but moving), but when we load a G-Code into the Mach3 and we start the program and it's supposed to start moving and milling, the router starts, the program starts, but motors are FROZEN. We can see the program running into the preview screen (it also ends) but the 3 axes never move :-\

It's like there's something missing in between the milling and the motors. Or any place near there...
We're using the relay on the board, with port 17 as it's mentioned on the assembly instructions.

Any idea to try?
Thanks in advance dudes! :D
Ernesto.

Attached in Manual for your 5 axis BOB (Break out Board).
Download and follow the manual and get everything right - to the letter.

BUT, I suspect that the toggle switches of the STEPPER drivers are NOT set correctly.
Current Amps (follow the motor spec) Steps per rev - set to 1600 steps/rev.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:19:03 PM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

Offline ovcakguitars

•  3 3
    • View Profile
    • Ovcak Guitars
We’ll try this tomorrow with our CNC stuff in front and I’ll let you guys know what happened! Crossing fingers!

Ernesto.
Ovcak Guitars.