Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:11:31 PM

Author Topic: Assorted Questions  (Read 2883 times)

Assorted Questions
« on: April 12, 2019, 01:19:34 AM »
1. What does Pod stand for?

2. How do you configure Mach3 using a BOB connected via USB cable?

3. Vacuum table hose....where is the best place to source this? (Canada/USA)

4. Upgrading Mach3...what is the latest version, and where is it to be found?

Answers anxiously awaited....

Thanks in advance to any and all that respond.

Kevin

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Re: Assorted Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 02:31:31 AM »
1. What does Pod stand for?

2. How do you configure Mach3 using a BOB connected via USB cable?

3. Vacuum table hose....where is the best place to source this? (Canada/USA)

4. Upgrading Mach3...what is the latest version, and where is it to be found?

Answers anxiously awaited....

Thanks in advance to any and all that respond.

Kevin

1. POD?
I think the Maker of the XHC MKX-V "USB motion Controller" nicknamed it "ncusbpod" probably because it looks like and is about the same size as the Apple IPOD. Can't call it a board or a card...
2. You need to copy the plugin "ncusbpod.dll"  into c:\mach3\plugins after you have installed MACH3.
4. Download latest [MACH3 R3.043] from
https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/main-programs/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:43:11 AM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 09:26:52 AM »
Thanks Reuelt.

I've done that and see that it yields a version number 3.043.062. I've been led to believe that there is a version number 3.043.066. Is this accurate? Am I missing something?
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 09:30:07 AM »
Further: I've seen several .dll files with POD in the name, not just XHC.......?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 10:05:07 AM »
You need the correct plugin (.dll file) for your board.
The ncpod name was copied by the Chinese from the original NCPod. http://www.oemtech.com/ncpod/
There are many variations of Chinese boards that use plugins with the same or similar names.

As for the latest version.

The 3.043.062 version on the website is a special patched version for Windows 10. It's the only version that works in the latest versions of Windows 10.

There is a 3.043.066 version on the FTP site. Link at the bottom of this page.
https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/main-programs/

There's even a 3.043.067 version here:
https://www.candcnc.net/downloads/

Note that every Mach3 version has bugs, and these different versions have different bugs, and different bug fixes.
Version .062 has bugs. Bugs fixed in Version .066 added new bugs.

So you may need to do some testing to find the version that works best for you.

A lot of the Chinese boards ship with old, pirated 3.042 versions. So an older version may work better with some Chinese boards.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 02:04:24 PM »
Thanks Reuelt.

I've done that and see that it yields a version number 3.043.062. I've been led to believe that there is a version number 3.043.062. Is this accurate? Am I missing something?
Version 3.043.062 is used by more users as it works with most plug-ins. I downgraded from  3.043.066 too.
Also it is the only version PATCHED to run on Windows 10 1803 and above. Ver 3.043.066 and all other versions will crash on Windows 10 1803 and above.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:07:17 PM by reuelt »

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 02:14:27 PM »
Gerry: "You need the correct plugin (.dll file) for your board."

He identified his board as XHC MKX-V in another thread "Newbie Question about Mach 3 to 4" few days ago. So  "ncusbpod.dll"  IS the correct plug-in. I had downloaded the document and the driver for that card before I posted.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:23:27 PM by reuelt »
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 09:04:49 PM »
Thanks, again, for your input, gents. Much appreciated.

The supplier of my system "provided" me with what they claimed was a legitimate copy of Mach3. When I unzipped their file, my anti-virus went off like my dog when she sees the mailman. It had the ******************66 build version, and so I figured it must be pirated. But, while it may be pirated, based on what Craig was saying, it may be that they have "tailored" their build to their board. I don't REALLY want to try it, but perhaps..........we'll see what tomorrow brings.

How does one determine legal copy, or not, besides looking for the license code?

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 10:02:32 PM »
Thanks, again, for your input, gents. Much appreciated.

The supplier of my system "provided" me with what they claimed was a legitimate copy of Mach3. When I unzipped their file, my anti-virus went off like my dog when she sees the mailman. It had the ******************66 build version, and so I figured it must be pirated. But, while it may be pirated, based on what Craig was saying, it may be that they have "tailored" their build to their board. I don't REALLY want to try it, but perhaps..........we'll see what tomorrow brings.

How does one determine legal copy, or not, besides looking for the license code?
Try it, copy out the MACH3mill.xml profile.
There are 3 versions:-
1. OEM versions (some light versions that usually will not support addons and plugins) bundled by machine hardware sellers. May allow gcodes with more than 500 lines.
2. DEMO version - gcodes limited to 500 lines. Kernel speed limited to 25.000Hz for parallel ports.
3. Full Version

Just like you buy a CD drive and you get an OEM version to do basic functions.
YOU have to upgrade to full licensed software if you want to enjoy full capabilities.

It is NOT right to consider OEM (light) versions as pirated copies - provided the OEM had paid NFS for the right to bundle those OEM copies with their machines.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 11:36:11 AM »

Try it, copy out the MACH3mill.xml profile.
There are 3 versions:-
1. OEM versions (some light versions that usually will not support addons and plugins) bundled by machine hardware sellers. May allow gcodes with more than 500 lines.
2. DEMO version - gcodes limited to 500 lines. Kernel speed limited to 25.000Hz for parallel ports.
3. Full Version

Just like you buy a CD drive and you get an OEM version to do basic functions.
YOU have to upgrade to full licensed software if you want to enjoy full capabilities.

It is NOT right to consider OEM (light) versions as pirated copies - provided the OEM had paid NFS for the right to bundle those OEM copies with their machines.
[/quote]

In this case, the OEM hasn't purchased that right, and the RAR file they supply sends my Anitvirus software into overdrive.