Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:25:29 PM

Author Topic: Z settings (Gcode) now not moving tool correctly  (Read 1062 times)

Z settings (Gcode) now not moving tool correctly
« on: March 28, 2019, 05:12:05 PM »
MS XP & Mach3 V3.043.066 was flawless in all projects since start-up in '16.  Amazing precision!!!

While inactive in CNC for several months I connected the Mach3 XP to my LAN (ethernet - no internet).   Then yesterday on another XP, (as usual) I Cam-Bammed a new project.   The "Z" movements were incorrect.  "X" & "Y" were still fine - in the new job and several older, on-file jobs.  The Gcode was fine in all cases.

By connecting my XP (dedicated to Mach3) to the LAN, did it foul up the Mach3 "normal printer port operation" setting?

To be clear - I haven't moved Cam-Bam or Mach3....they're right where they've been since the beginning in 2016 - each on it's own dedicated XP.  (I jump-drive the individual Gcode file for each job.

Can I fix Mach3 without having to delete it and re-set the whole program?   

I just did unplug the Mach3 XP from the LAN.  It didn't fix the flukie "Z". :-(

Thanks,
 Gordo

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Re: Z settings (Gcode) now not moving tool correctly
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 05:37:29 PM »
Least likely it is MACH3 issue though it is better to use patched version of ver. Mach3 V3.043.062

If you have stopped using for months, consider RUST and Corrosion of Wires and motors armature or z axis moving parts need cleanup and lubrication FIRST.
Also open up the lid of PC and blow out dust from the CPU heatsink.

"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 12:30:39 AM »
Thanks for the check list, reuelt.
Rusty hardware?   I'm the only rusty one here.  your "z axis moving parts need cleanup" comment triggered my memory.

Prior to my inactivity I had modified the spindle carriage to increase the max "Z" travel -  I had also disabled the Z lower limit switch. Now, months later. my current job gcode asked for just 1.5mm below possible carriage travel (the stock was thinner than  all of my previous jobs) - I got nailed by 1.5mm.  Ugh!!  Subsequent jobs are O.K.  Hope that the Z power-train is undamaged.

Many thanks, remelt!!    How do I add the patched version of V3.043.062 ?
Ya-But

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 02:45:29 AM »
Link is here
https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/main-programs/
It is called simply called Mach3 R3.043 although it is R3.043.0.062 patched against latest problem caused by Win 10 updates.  0.66 is known to have bugs.

Before you install Mach3 R3.043, please backup somewhere your XML profiles, your license file(s), any custom macros and add-on and plugins first.

Sorry, did you check whether the coupling between motor and shaft is not loose or broken?

Reuel

"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"