Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:03:45 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Pause is violent  (Read 1176 times)

Mach3 Pause is violent
« on: March 23, 2019, 10:28:27 AM »
Hey guys, I'm onto my third CNC build, first mill.

I sometimes have a need to pause the operation. It's not a full Estop issue, just a momentary pause, for example if I have chips in the drilled hole that need a little more time to clear out before tapping.

My problem is that the pause button (OEM 1003) is very abrupt and the potential of losing a step is high. Is there a way to set the pause function to be more gradual, instead of a hard stop, set it to be a quick decel to stop?

My Mill CNC , for now, is a drill operation that trams over to a tapping head. I have 1600 drill/tap operations and building CNC was just faster than doing them manually.

My Systems:

Plasma CNC 5' x 10'
Plasma CNC 2' x 24'
Mill CNC

All running LattePanda Win10 PCs with ESS.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Pause is violent
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 11:22:55 AM »
You should use Feed Hold (OEM1001) then Stop (OEM1003) - it will take a little longer to stop but you will not loose steps.
PEACE

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 12:21:39 PM »
"for example if I have chips in the drilled hole that need a little more time to clear out before tapping"

In system config | General config under Tool Change select "stop spindle and wait for cycle start".
You could put in T# M6 tool change in your gcode file to change from drill bit to tab bit.
Before you [cycle start] after changing tool, - you can clear the chips in the drill hole.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 12:54:51 PM »
As Tweakie says, Stop stops the machine instantly, with no deceleration. You should always use Feedhold before using Stop, unless it's an emergency.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html