Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 11:33:41 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 does not recognize inputs from Galil I/O controller  (Read 1063 times)

Mach4 does not recognize inputs from Galil I/O controller
« on: March 14, 2019, 03:08:11 PM »
Hello again
This is an odd problem, I suspect the Galil plug-in.
I'm using a Galil DMC-4143 Motion Controller and Galil RIO_47300 I/O Controller
My problem is that Mach4 does not seem to recognize any inputs from the I/O Controller. Outputs work fine.
The Inputs are mapped and show up in the Machine.ini file.
When using the Galil Suite software, I am able to see the inputs toggle, so I know that all the I/O's are working.
The Inputs to the Motion Controller work fine.
When I use the Mach4 Diagnostics Logging, none of the I/O Controller inputs show up, whereas the Outputs log data.
The only other clue I have, is that when I run a script essentially saying "wait for an input to go high"(i.e. a push button) Mach4 treats it as if it is already high.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. -Eric
Re: Mach4 does not recognize inputs from Galil I/O controller
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 01:15:18 PM »
I didn’t realize the Galil had I/O expansion options for the DMC.  What is the setup like between the two?  Ethernet from DMC into Rio and then Ethernet from Rio into network? 

When you use the Galil suite software are you required to connect to two devices (DMC and Rio), or one (DMC)? 
Re: Mach4 does not recognize inputs from Galil I/O controller
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 02:14:59 PM »
Hi, we ran a Cat5 cable to a switch and then 2 separate Cat5 cables to the DMC and RIO. The RIO has a built in switch, so you could run a single cable to it and then from there to the DMC. We didn't do that because we put the RIO in the head unit and DMC in the control cabinet (Biesse Rover 336) and didn't want to run another Cat5 cable to the head.

As far as I know, the Galil suite can only address one controller at a time, so either the DMC or RIO. You select which one and then can fire outputs, look at inputs, etc.
-Eric