Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:51:11 PM

Author Topic: Problem saving Screen Scripts  (Read 980 times)

Problem saving Screen Scripts
« on: March 08, 2019, 11:41:39 AM »
Hello all,
Hopefully this is a easy one and I'm just missing a step.  2 weeks ago, I could save my screen scripts and now I can't.
So here is the process I'm using:
Save Screen as- a new name
Goto Operator\Edit Screen
Click on top Screen name in Screen Tree Manager
Click on lightning Bolt
Click on Screen Load Script
Click on ...
ZeroBrane Studio opens. When it opens the name of the file is something like: le40ED.mcs
and the path is:  C:\User\login_name\AppData\Local\Temp\le40ED.msc. Is this correct?
So, I can edit it, and save it.
Click on Operator\Edit Screen
Mach4 resets, I go through the edit process again and my changes are not saved.
Any clues? Thanks in advance. -Eric
Re: Problem saving Screen Scripts
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 11:53:54 AM »
I think this may have happened to me too. Had me scratching my head.  I do all my scripting outside of Mach and copy/paste it in, so I was never too upset. Not sure why it happens?

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 02:55:45 PM »
After that last step of "Click on Operator\Edit Screen" are you clicking Yes when it asks if you wish to save the current screen?

I don't think it'll save your screen load script changes if you don't, even if you had saved them through ZeroBrane.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 03:09:28 PM »
"After that last step of "Click on Operator\Edit Screen" are you clicking Yes when it asks if you wish to save the current screen?"

No, it doesn't ask. So that got me thinking and clicking.  If I close out ZeroBrane after editing it will ask. Problem Solved (or at least a work around). Thanks!