Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 02:41:47 PM

Author Topic: I need help configuring the I/O in Mach3 for the G100  (Read 4222 times)

I need help configuring the I/O in Mach3 for the G100
« on: August 14, 2007, 09:09:37 AM »
Well I am a newbie here.  But I have been looking everywhere for info on how to configure the ports and pins g-rex/g100 in Mach3.  I have the manuals from gecko but they only tell the hardware side of the device not the software.

I am specifically interested in knowing:

1.  To enable/disable an Axis, do I have to make any settings for ports/pins, or is this done automatically in the plug-in?
2.  For limit switches, which port/pin assignments should I use?
3.  For the inputs, which port/pin assignments should I use?
4.  For the outputs, which port/pin assignments should I use?
5.  Is there anything different with the G100 for motor tuning, or is it exactly like tuning steppers normally (with a parallel port, which I have done)
7.  Can I configure homing to use my limit switches?  Is there an outstanding issue with this?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Carl

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: I need help configuring the I/O in Mach3 for the G100
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 04:12:50 PM »
Hey Carl,
     To enable or disable an axis with the G100, you could assign your axis enable pins, or one for all. You can use an output from the g100.
Everything is set as port 1.
For limit switches, use the pin for each axis labled LIM. They should be set up as pins 17-22 port 1.
For the inputs, assign them as labled on the G100 Port 1 pins 1-16
For the outputs, same as inputs. Assign them as labled on the G100 port 1 pins 1-16
For motor tuning, it is the same as standard except, you will be asked to flash to the G100 on exiting the motortuning page. To save your changes, flash the g100 and rediscover.
There is an issue for some using the homing routine. (To my knowledge, this is still a slight bug). The work around for this is to home each axis individually. You can edit the VB script in the Ref. all home button to do this.

I have sent you a PM

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: I need help configuring the I/O in Mach3 for the G100
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:23:25 PM »
I alos meant to say, on motor tuning, you should be able to retune them to faster than a BOB. You should be able to accel quicker.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!