Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 09:45:26 PM

Author Topic: KX1 spindle direction problem  (Read 3002 times)

KX1 spindle direction problem
« on: March 05, 2019, 10:01:13 PM »
Hello,
I wan to ask about my cnc mach3 KX1 have a problem about a spindle direction, my spindle direction only CCW, change the code to m3 still same direction. Is it because my kx1 profile have a problem?
Re: KX1 spindle direction problem
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 08:04:18 PM »
Do you have a 3 phase spindle? If so why would you want to reverse the rotation? If its rotating in the wrong direction it needs to be reversed with the power off of course on your VFD output. Swap any two motor leads. If you need it reversed via gcode sorry I can not help but I am assuming you just need one direction for milling, for tapping and threading yes you need reverse.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 08:08:45 PM by wmgeorge »
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 08:39:43 PM »
before this the machine work normally, we did not disturb the electrical wiring. Suddenly, the spindle motor run CCW. So how ? i don't think it is because my wirig, any idea?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 08:41:37 PM »
Is the machine 3 phase or the spindle 3 phase?
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 08:48:29 PM »
single phase
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 08:51:08 PM »
single phase
It the spindle 3 phase or do you know, if you have a VFD its 3 phase.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 08:55:49 PM »
Nothing issue about wiring. The problem is about a software. How can i get about KX1 profile for my machine or parameter about kx1
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 09:02:03 PM »
Nothing issue about wiring. The problem is about a software. How can i get about KX1 profile for my machine or parameter about kx1

Sorry I have no answer for you. My question, its a milling machine do you plan to tap holes or thread parts?  If not just reverse the wires like I suggested and move on. The direction of the spindle rotation can be changed in your gcode but its its running backwards when it should be forward rotation thats the wiring.

M03 is forward direction or CW, M04 is reverse direction or CCW I think your getting those confused.       
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-code
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 09:10:27 PM by wmgeorge »

Offline JimG

•  21 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 07:38:33 AM »
Hello,
I wan to ask about my cnc mach3 KX1 have a problem about a spindle direction, my spindle direction only CCW, change the code to m3 still same direction. Is it because my kx1 profile have a problem?

Just a thought, but if the spindle direction is controlled in a similar way to the axes stepper motors then there will be a direction pin feed to control the dircetion.  I haven't had a chance to check out my KX1 to see if this is so but I do remember having a fault on a stepper motor only going one way and the problem turned out to be a poor direction pin connection on the control cable plug.   If I get a chance I'll dig around and see if the spindle motor is controlled gthat way.

Jim.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 09:27:45 AM »
The spindle motor is not a stepper, its more than likely a 3 phase off a VFD. I do not think the poster knows what he has. My advice still holds. If its pre wired to the VFD then it either starts Forward or Reverse as set by the gcode. The direction is set either M03 or M04.